..OR if none of these seems good you can always suggest others. MY guidelines: 300
bucks.. bedroom and small gig.. i like to play metal and hard rock i.e. tool, lamb of god etc. etc. ok.. my choices right now

behringer v-tone gmx212 2x60

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-VTone-GMX212-Stereo-Combo?sku=480731

peavey vypyr 75 watt

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482910

gt212 crate (craigslist)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/msg/1434747054.html

i guess since i only have 3 i basically need help ruling out some or just suggest some..

THANK YOU
To be honest, I would say nay to all of them...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Given the criteria, I'd choose the Peavey. It is a very versatile solid state/trans amp.
Nay to all, you need more cash.

Crate is the worst ever. You need a good tube amp.

Get a Peavey practice amp if you only got 300
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
well since you mentioned gigging, i'm gonna assume you are in a band now and have plans to gig in the near future.

i'd honestly save an extra few hundred, definitely keep scouring craigslist and wait for a good opportunity like a jcm combo or a 5150 going up for around $550 or so. Depending on your area, street prices will differ greatly, so only you'll know what a good deal is.

(here in victoria, used amps like a 5150 rarely go that low unless they have beer stains on them, reek of smoke, and are missing tubes)

whatever you're playing thru now, just grunt it out until you can snag an amp that will be a worthwhile upgrade. I jammed on a 15 watt peavey rage for years before my first decent amp (which really wasn't THAT decent, but was cheaper than buying 2 amps leading up to that.)

Its not to say that the 75 watt vypyr (probably the best of those 3) won't be capable of gigging or jamming with other people like a drummer. But a 60 watt 5150 (tube) combo will certainly do it better for only a couple hundred more.. (provided it suits your tone taste.. i'm only trying to give an example)

Hope this helps!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Oct 26, 2009,
Mo money. Your Raven is absolute crap, but I would still wait and get something much better when you have more money. Watch craigslist for a 5150, Triple XXX, B-52 AT100, a cheap Krank, Laney, Randall, etc.
If you can't get a job just ask your parents if you can borrow money and pay them back or something, if you find a really good deal don't just pass it up.
or a bugera 333 or 333xl, 6260 etc...

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the behringer is actually a good amp, my guitar teacher has it at the place he teaches us and he gets some proper beasty tones out of it
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
the behringer is actually a good amp, my guitar teacher has it at the place he teaches us and he gets some proper beasty tones out of it

I'd like to know the settings he uses then cause mine is not too good. TS, It's not horrible but it is definitely not gig-worthy. Out of these choices I'd go for the Vypyr but you should try expanding your budget a bit and getting a Vypyr tube, B52 AT112, or used Bugera.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

I'd like to know the settings he uses then cause mine is not too good. TS, It's not horrible but it is definitely not gig-worthy. Out of these choices I'd go for the Vypyr but you should try expanding your budget a bit and getting a Vypyr tube, B52 AT112, or used Bugera.

i'll try and get them, he does play with a MIM strat modded to fu*k tho, (dimarzio pups, new saddles, nut, re fretted, the only thing stock is the body and neck)
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by gregs1020
or a bugera 333 or 333xl, 6260 etc...

6260 gets my vote.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
well.. after reading these responses my judgement is to stick it out with my POS raven until i have more than 300. thanks guys for your help. its a good thing im not getting one of those anymore