yes it's possible.

I'd rather get a guitar with a decent floyd honestly....
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Well, its too late for that! If i don't like it could i switch it back? And surely i shouldn't be doing this myself right?

would i just put it on there or would i have to scoop out a part of the wood?
Last edited by housty at Oct 26, 2009,
you have to route a large cavity into the body, i wouldn't try it myself, no switching back.

You'd pay around $200 for an OFR, plus the labor of routing the guitar and getting it setup. looking at prolly $4-500.

You'd be better off just buying a guitar for $4-500 with a floyd on it...
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete

This. With these kinds of things you'll either mess it up permanently doing it yourself or pay more getting a pro to do it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Gundamnitpete
you have to route a large cavity into the body, i wouldn't try it myself, no switching back.

You'd pay around $200 for an OFR, plus the labor of routing the guitar and getting it setup. looking at prolly $4-500.

You're looking atleast that amount. If you want the Floyd and the Kerry King design, buy his signiture one, not the metal master. Then you have a floyd, and a better design
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Gundamnitpete
yes it's possible.

I'd rather get a guitar with a decent floyd honestly....

i'd rather get a decent guitar

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I called up my local guitar center, and they said it would only be about $250 to install a floyd rose.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Anyone else getting a sense of Deja Vu? I swear there have been like 3 or 4 of these types of threads asking if it's possible to put a floyd rose on a hard tail BC Rich in the past month or so.
Quote by Pac_man0123
To install it.. i'm guessing that doesn't include the cost of the floyd rose itself.

Nope, that's parts included he said. Hearing this, I'm definitely going in and talking to them about it, but I'd sure spend that much to make my almost perfect guitar perfect for me.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Vince Sixx
Nope, that's parts included he said. Hearing this, I'm definitely going in and talking to them about it, but I'd sure spend that much to make my almost perfect guitar perfect for me.

Probably that LFR they have in stock there.. i wouldn't trust it.
2 problems w the 250 FR install. 1 for 250 including labor your not gonna get a OFR its gonna be a cheap knock off LFR. 2 trusting the "techs" at GC to install anything properly, much less go at a guitar with a router.