Hey guys!

After some time of abscence, it's time to post something again here =].
This weekend my dad and I made a sweet little videoclip for a new song (demo) of our new band: KiXi.

It's pretty heavy but really groovy rock.
Guitar & Vocals by me, Bas by Jan Somers & Drums by John Emmen.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebdUVP8zdY

Thanks for your time!

-Timo Somers
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
dude that song is sick...keep me posted on any other recording/news on the band. where are you guys located?
Thanks man, check out our myspace regulary for updates .
We are a Dutch band, so all the way to Holland ;p.
But you might catch me at the NAMM next year.

Aristides Guitars
Anyone else? It's C4C bythewayyy.

Aristides Guitars
heya there finally landed on an internet connection and had time to settle down :P

took a listen to your mix, gotta say I'm digging the groove on this one - quality is top notch (specially the vid there, I feel like I'm watching a music vid from the 80's)

I think the only thing that sorta took a step back with me was the solo bit that would step in, it just felt like it disrupted the flow too much for me - course I'm a bit biased, I like hearing tracks that simply flow on and on , something that can run in the back of my head easily.

but overall I like it - you can hear the vocalist's energy and the mix melds nicely with those riffs - not to mention i luv the way the drums were miced theres not much to criticize overall - sry for the late hit back, and thx for the crit
Thans a lot for your feedback man!
It's nice to hear you like the drum micing btw, since it was done just with 2 simple vocal mic's trough a small PA at our rehearsing place. It sounded like shit first, but you can do a LOT with mixing I have learnt.
Thanks again for the crit, and no prob, good luck on your song, since it's becoming awesome!

Aristides Guitars
Very catchy! I must agree with Night about the solo, it takes away from the groove a little but, It sounds like there should be a solo there, but just maybe rework it.
I can't sit here and critique much, one, there isn't much to critique, and two because you probably are a much more experienced musician than I am. haha

Great vocals, great guitar, great drums, great song.
Thanks a lot for your feedback man!
Yeah the solo is just for the demo version, for the real recording I'll re-record it probably

Aristides Guitars