I remember seeing this thing on a guitar it was like a metal rod and it was near the whammy. The guy that was using it pulled it and I think it put the guitar in drop D or drop C. Maybe it wasn't even changing tuning I don't remember that well. But he pulled it down and it did something. Does anyone know what this is and if you do can you tell me the name. Thanks
The only thing i can think of is the D-tuna which drops the low E string to a D.

Edit: ^ Beat by like a second lol
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

That doesn't put you in a 'drop' tuning though...

that will take your guitar from E standard to D Standard, C Standard, etc.

or from Drop D, to Drop C, etc.

it will not lower the pitch of your low string though...i.e...you can't go from E Standard to Drop D or C without actually detuning your low string. It lowers all string pitches equally.
i've seen a similar product that's mounted on the body of guitars with stop-end tail pieces. instead of stringing through the tail piece, you string through it, and it's basically a latch that releases just enough tension to drop a whole step.
...can't for the life of me remember what it's called or who makes it, might be another version by the same company of the same one you're all talking about.
Ibanez also has their own take on the Drop tuner.
It was designed for a few of their String through bridges back in the mid 90's i believe.
I've seen it on a lot of budget guitars in pawn shops from time to time.

Essentially all of the strings go through the body, Exept for the low E string in which was attached to a form of latch-n-hook device in which brought the guitar up or down 2 Semitones.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Ibanez also has their own take on the Drop tuner.
It was designed for a few of their String through bridges back in the mid 90's i believe.
I've seen it on a lot of budget guitars in pawn shops from time to time.

Essentially all of the strings go through the body, Exept for the low E string in which was attached to a form of latch-n-hook device in which brought the guitar up or down 2 Semitones.

the one i saw that i was talking about before was on an ibanez... in a pawn shop no less

probably the same type, just an in-house product.
Quote by GrisKy
the one i saw that i was talking about before was on an ibanez... in a pawn shop no less

probably the same type, just an in-house product.

Fancy that Eyy?

Was it possibly on a Large, probably dirty black SG mimic of sorts?
4 Speed-o-knobs and a Les Paul Styled switch?
close, it was on a grey SG knockoff with (if i remember right) 4 speeds lp style and a switch not far from the pots prs style. had a headstock that reminded me of frankenstein (the monster, not a frankenstrat), and i want to say stock naked humbuckers.
HA! yeah, that's it, that's the one i saw... good call. jesus, that's been... five or six years since i've seen that thing?
Quote by GrisKy
HA! yeah, that's it, that's the one i saw... good call. jesus, that's been... five or six years since i've seen that thing?

I'm quite adventatious when it comes to used gear in pawn shops, looking mostly at the guitars that are unique in theory.
This struck a vein in my memory I suppose.
I was hardly satiated by it though, not a very good feeling or sounding guitar.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/ibanez%20gax75/bendmire88/GAX751.jpg

This man seems to have made his look very appealing.
I can only hope he was able to set it up to a point that it is playable though.
i agree, i think that's the only reason i remember it, the built in d-tuner. it wasn't a very good sounding or feeling guitar though. i thought about picking it up just because it was cheap (like $100) and turning it into a project, but i was rather busy at the time and didn't really think about it again until now.
I play much different music than you so it would almost never match my style, but it looks like you could easily make it suit metal with a pickup swap and some sand paper to make it look a little less terrible.
The detuning feature surely is a quaint little peice of hardware though.

Reminds me a lot of this bridge I was Planning on purchasing back in the past...
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_tailpieces/Trilogy_Multiple-Tuning_Bridge.html

The Trilogy is such a breakthrough in technology to me, I'm suprized It's popularity is possibly within single digits of users.
that's a really interresting bridge! i wonder how you'd do something like that for a tune-0-matic... probably pretty invasive on a lp type.

and i wouldn't neccessarily say i'm a metal guy, but i don't take offense to that either, just sayin.

esp designed a nut awhile back that helped to more accurately intonate guitars... i'll have to google it and see if i can find a link

EDIT: "earvana" is what it's called... seems like a good idea.

http://www.earvana.com/ESP.htm
Last edited by GrisKy at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
That doesn't put you in a 'drop' tuning though...

that will take your guitar from E standard to D Standard, C Standard, etc.

or from Drop D, to Drop C, etc.

it will not lower the pitch of your low string though...i.e...you can't go from E Standard to Drop D or C without actually detuning your low string. It lowers all string pitches equally.

yes u can
it takes ur guitar from E standerd to Drop D tuning

http://www.youtube.com/user/ryaniomitch
I recently read about a pedal that you can use to lower the tuning on your guitar without actually doing it. You just stomp the switch for how many steps up/down you want.

I can't remember the name though. Don't know if that will help at all.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by ryaniomitch
yes u can
it takes ur guitar from E standerd to Drop D tuning

http://www.youtube.com/user/ryaniomitch

1. STOP POSTING your youtube channel everywhere...nobody cares.

2. Learn how to spell.

3. Why did you bump this thread to argue with me about a pedal that this thread isn't even about?

4. NO...it doesn't. The Morpheus droptune CANNOT tune down one string, while leaving the others untouched. It will take you from E standard to another standard tuning, up to 3 and 1/2 steps down. OR...OR...OR...if you already have your guitar in a drop tuning...for example drop D...it will take you down the same 3 and 1/2 steps into another dropped tuning.

IT WILL NOT take you from Standard anything to Dropped anything...end of story
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Nov 2, 2009,