Yesterday I took my PRS 20th Annv Artist into GC while I was trying out my new Fulltone DejaVibe before buying it. I started asking about playing some PRSi they had in stock. At one point the sales dude walked over and said "Here's another beautiful one we just got in." while referring to my guitar on the stand next to me. I was a bit dumbfounded at first - "This one here?" Him: "Yeah, we just got that one." Me: "Uhhh, that's my guitar." You can imagine how the rest of it went. Just had to share a somewhat humorous moment.
You own 3 PRSs?! ... That's it; I quit!

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
what an idiot... wait... does that mean you could've just took an expensive one, like a Jem or something off the wall, sat it in a stand next to you, and said (with conviction of course) "that's mine", and they wouldn't know any better?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
You do run the risk of that happening when you bring in your own guitar, and even more so when you place it in way that makes it look like it belongs to the store. Funny nonetheless.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
You do run the risk of that happening when you bring in your own guitar, and even more so when you place it in way that makes it look like it belongs to the store. Funny nonetheless.

That's just it! It was nowhere near ANY of the PRS guitars that were actually for sale. They require that you sign in when you walk in with your own gear including the make, model and serial # so that you can't walk out with gear that isn't yours.
Quote by Metlhead443

Except for it didn't have a sales tag on it?

Really, this guy must have been pretty dumb, I know for a fact that they don't let a guitar out unless it has a tag on it. At least at my GC they don't.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Lol that would of been an arkward moment for the salesman.

It got even funnier when he tried to say that it looked just like one of their new ones as he tried to recover. "Oh, is that an '08?" Me: "No, it's an '05." He walked away right after that. His face was likely turning various shades of red.
Bwahahaha
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I dunno, I think it's an honest mistake. It's a big and busy store where the stock constantly changes. The location of guitars also changes. Some people leave guitars on stands that they're testing out. You can't expect every sales person to know the entire stock of the store 24/7 when a lot of the stuff is changed constantly and the shelves aren't like standard store shelves. There's usually only one of each item in the store. I've worked at bike stores like that I've made that mistake before.
Haha, I work at a Guitar Center, but its not likely the one you were at. I would have loved to see that. I'm willing to bet that the other sales guys totally hammered on him for the rest of the day.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I dunno, I think it's an honest mistake. It's a big and busy store where the stock constantly changes. The location of guitars also changes. Some people leave guitars on stands that they're testing out. You can't expect every sales person to know the entire stock of the store 24/7 when a lot of the stuff is changed constantly and the shelves aren't like standard store shelves. There's usually only one of each item in the store. I've worked at bike stores like that I've made that mistake before.

All of the PRS models are always up behind the cash register up HIGH on the wall. I've never seen one on the floor before. I never said I expected him to know his entire inventory so I'm not sure where you got that from. I just thought it was a bit funny, nothing more.
Quote by cranium2001
So how much did you end up paying? jk
I got the pedal for $210! Helluva deal!!!
I would get kind of a little mad if they ever did that with any of my custom guitars. But on the other hand he thought your guitar was awesome?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Which Guitar Center did you go to? The one along 217 by Washington Square mall is filled with some idiots. They don't bother you if you go into the acoustic room, though.
Quote by hunterman
Which Guitar Center did you go to? The one along 217 by Washington Square mall is filled with some idiots. They don't bother you if you go into the acoustic room, though.

It was the one in Clackamas. I don't think I've ever made it over to the other one.
Quote by hunterman

Wow thats funny, i dont think any guitar center ever bothers with the acoustic room. My nine year old brother walked in there and pick up a 3000$ gibson and was just hitting random strings over and over and i walked out, sat down with a 500$ Fender and 3 employess were all on top of me haha,
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
Quote by scr3w f3nd3r
Wow thats funny, i dont think any guitar center ever bothers with the acoustic room. My nine year old brother walked in there and pick up a 3000$ gibson and was just hitting random strings over and over and i walked out, sat down with a 500$ Fender and 3 employess were all on top of me haha,

Lets be honest though who is more likely buy the guitar a little child on a rather expensive guitar or a teenager (only assuming) on a low priced guitar?
that reminds me of the time a guy in my local shop was showing me this really well balanced guitar stand and he put my guitar on it to show me how sturdy it was then went to get the pedal i'd asked to try out, while i was waiting i got distracted by something then i turned round and some random kid who just appeared out of nowhere was about to pick it up and play it, and then he got all pissy when i snatched it before he could, and didn't believe me when i told him it's mine, he thought i was just being a dick
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I never get trouble, but then all the guitars I take into the store to try out are guitars that I can't even find anything close on the rack (Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Jsg-Stangs, Mustangs and the like). Plus anything owned by me has a ton of dents, dings, scratches, and maybe even a crack around the neck joint or two if it's basswood.

The only problem of handling merchandise involving something I owned (if you can call it that) I ever had with Guitar Center was when I bought a Mustang bass a year ago, and a few minutes as the transaction to being mine was happening, one of the clerks was anti-fender, and he was whining "waaaaahhh, hurry up and get the process done so we can get this Fender out of my hands...it's burning my hands"...I'm not too pissed by that, it's funny to see a Les Paul snob get his due by having to hold a Fender Bass for 5 minutes and whine like a pussy about it, lol.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by Mad-Mike_J83
I never get trouble, but then all the guitars I take into the store to try out are guitars that I can't even find anything close on the rack (Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Jsg-Stangs, Mustangs and the like). Plus anything owned by me has a ton of dents, dings, scratches, and maybe even a crack around the neck joint or two if it's basswood.

The only problem of handling merchandise involving something I owned (if you can call it that) I ever had with Guitar Center was when I bought a Mustang bass a year ago, and a few minutes as the transaction to being mine was happening, one of the clerks was anti-fender, and he was whining "waaaaahhh, hurry up and get the process done so we can get this Fender out of my hands...it's burning my hands"...I'm not too pissed by that, it's funny to see a Les Paul snob get his due by having to hold a Fender Bass for 5 minutes and whine like a pussy about it, lol.

Those were his exact words, I assume?
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by cranium2001
So how much did you end up paying? jk

I like the very faint jk as well.

EDIT: Also sigged.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Oct 27, 2009,
what was the chance they would know you have that guitar unless you told them....
dumb dumbs
Prog rock, Grunge, Rap, Classical, Blues

Gear:
Line 6 Pod 2.0
Space echo
Pedal Pad AXSXL
OD20
ROLAND GR 20
120watt spider III
ESP M1000FM
Line 6 MM4 modulation

Wanted:
Custom guitar
Delay pedal
& WAY MORE
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS

I like the very faint jk as well.

EDIT: Also sigged.

Why thank you.
Quote by SPBY
what an idiot... wait... does that mean you could've just took an expensive one, like a Jem or something off the wall, sat it in a stand next to you, and said (with conviction of course) "that's mine", and they wouldn't know any better?

are you seriously suggesting a man with a PRS would pretend he had an Ibanez Jem instead?

Anyway, that is
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
are you seriously suggesting a man with a PRS would pretend he had an Ibanez Jem instead?

Anyway, that is

I know!!!! I didn't want to say it.