Poll: Should the kids in the alternative program get to go on our senior trip?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should the kids in the alternative program get to go on our senior trip?
Yes
18 38%
No
30 63%
Voters: 48.
I'm a high school senior this year, and as usually, we have a couple of trips planned. One of them being going to a theme park in Idaho and the other taking a cruise in Puget Sound. We're all excited for this, but one of my friends started a petition among the students. In this petition he stated that he and whoever signed would not like to have the kids in the alternative program go on the trip as well. Do you agree or disagree on this?

I myself think the alternative program kids shouldn't go on the trip with us, and I also don't want them to walk with the rest of us at graduation, they should plan their own trip and own graduation.

Alternative program =/= special ed kids. It's a lenient form of high school, and many do it so they can graduate early, because they need less credits, and have seriously convinced themselves that school is the worst thing on the planet.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Oct 26, 2009,
That kid is a dick.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Alternative program as in the people that go to the 4 hour a day school? The kids who would have just as likely dropped out? The ****ing losers? Yeah, screw them.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Oct 26, 2009,
alternative program? like special ed kids?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by speakers
what's alternative program?

Basically it's kids that were in regular high school, but went to a program that is far more easy. They go to school 3 hours a day 4 times a week. Hardly any go there because they can't make it in high school, but rather because they want to smoke weed and other things all day.
Quote by lolmnt
Alternative program? Wuzzat?

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess they shouldn't go. They should be able to graduate with you guys though, denying them that is pretty ****ed up.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
Last edited by el-shredder at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Basically it's kids that were in regular high school, but went to a program that is far more easy. They go to school 3 hours a day 4 times a week. Hardly any go there because they can't make it in high school, but rather because they want to smoke weed and other things all day.

That might be true, but some of them are kids that probaly do try there hardest and it's not fair if they don't get to go on trips and graduate like everyone else because of you and your douche friends.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by Fenderhippie69
alternative program? like special ed kids?

Quote by skaterskagg1
Alternative as in handicapped? Retarded?
That's just ****ed. They're people too. They try as hard as anyone, they just learn a little differently is all.

See my edit.
Quote by lolmnt
If it's actually a different school like the way it is at my high school, then no. They were a separate high school, and had no connections to us.

But if you guys technically go to the same school, then I'm not too sure.
Quote by archangels666
If it's actually a different school like the way it is at my high school, then no. They were a separate high school, and had no connections to us.

It's in the same district, but not in the same building.
Quote by lolmnt
No, they shouldnt.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
If they technically are part of your class, they should be able to. But it seems like there's a lot of gray area. I don't think they should be allowed to go. I mean, they started in your class, but they decided they didn't fit in or whatever. Do you allow kids who moved to a different school from yours go to your class's functions?

EDIT: You say they aren't even in your building? Don't let 'em go. Period.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
Alternative program as in the people that go to the 4 hour a day school? The kids who would have just as likely dropped out? The ****ing losers? Yeah, screw them.

That's what I'm like, but a little less mean.
I wish everyone would have understood what I meant before voting
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Donny

Same here. The alternative kids in my school district had a separate building they attended.

TS, if they attend the same building as you I say they should, otherwise no. From my experience, the alternative kids will always be high anyway.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Same here. The alternative kids in my school district had a separate building they attended.

TS, if they attend the same building as you I say they should, otherwise no. From my experience, the alternative kids will always be high anyway.

That's about 80% of the motivation for them, they just get baked the rest of the time.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by archangels666
Then nope.

Do you think the should walk?
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Do you think the should walk?

Not with the people that actually tried and cared about school. They just floated their way through with minimal required credits and no homework just because their parents would let them drop out like they wanted.
Why are you doing this exactly? How does their ability to enjoy a trip taint your fun in any way?
I don't need as many credits and I'm in an alternative program myself. I have a social problem and learn better on my own. I still work as hard as anyone else, I'm just not in a public school. I'd like to enjoy my high school acheivements, thank you.
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Oct 26, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
Not with the people that actually tried and cared about school. They just floated their way through with minimal required credits and no homework just because their parents would let them drop out like they wanted.

Good, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. There was one kid in my physics class who was openly against it. He was like "it isn't always their fault blah, blah, blah" He's just too ignorant to see how much those people do drugs/get drunk.

Quote by Z_cup_boy
Why are you doing this exactly? How does their ability to enjoy a trip taint your fun in any way?
I don't need as many credits and I'm in an alternative program myself. I have a social problem and learn better on my own. I still work as hard as anyone else, I'm just not in a public school. I'd like to enjoy my high school acheivements, thank you.

NONE of the kids are like that, they're just lazy and would rather get high.
I am not doing it, my friend started it. Those kids are assholes and would just bother everyone on the trip and embarrass us as a group.
Quote by lolmnt
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Oct 26, 2009,
The kids in alternative at my highschool did not walk or go anywhere with us. Noone really payed attention though because they were never even seen around our campus anyways.

They are the type that would have just started fights anyways. I am not just saying this, I knew a good number of them.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
The kids in alternative at my highschool did not walk or go anywhere with us. Noone really payed attention though because they were never even seen around our campus anyways.

Same here, no one ever sees them, even their former best friends.
Quote by lolmnt
Tbh at first I thought you meant special needs people with handicaps and I raged. My best friend has a slight handicap. Then I read the rest of it. They shouldn't if they aren't in the same building. I know everyone at our schools alternative program and they are the losers that have planned to drop out when they turn 16.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Oh look, it's a herd of overly judgemental douchebags.
Carry on.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I wouldn't feel comfortable going on a trip with them
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Carry on.

With pleasure.
I hope everyone of them go on your little trip. I hope they show up high and ruin everything ...
Nothing exists there is no you, no me . . .
If they'd just rather get high why would they attend the trips?
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Carry on.

I would be a lot more nice about it if they had a legitimate reason for not being in regular high school.
Quote by AtomicPunk7
If they'd just rather get high why would they attend the trips?

Because they'll do both.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Carry on.

Ok, Please tell us how to think and feel then.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████