i want a bright tube amp. no gig, BEDROOM and jamming with friends. led zeppelin, gnr, pink floyd, journey, mostly classic rock.

i want it bright to play some jimmy page.

what other required info am i missing?
IMO, you dont really need a tube amp if your just playing in your bedroom. what kinda guitar you got
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Oct 26, 2009,
well i was going to recommend the fender twin reverb, i have one, its a clean amp and its got a bright switch, it also takes pedals really well. sounds really nice and clean, but it is 85 watts. but i would recommend taking a look at fenders clean amps.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
18 watt clones can get pretty bright. They'll hold up with a drummer as well, just don't plan on getting clean tones at that volume.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Vox AC4TV?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
fender blues junior with an overdrive? egnater rebel 20? ac15? the ac15 is very bright
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

or you could get a treble booster pedal
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Vox AC4TV?
wouldn't really call that a bright amp.
Quote by pepsi1187
IMO, you dont really need a tube amp if your just playing in your bedroom. what kinda guitar you got
Technically you don't really need a tube amp at all for any purpose.

Some people prefer good tone, even for things like practicing and recording.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 26, 2009,
I find my Blackheart to be pretty good for Page tones.

But I find my Blackheart to be good for anything that I do with it.
I would suggest the Blackheart as well. Probably best for the TS's purposes.
Fender Princeton Reverb.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Fender Fender Fender or if you have loadsamoney check out a baby Lonestar...or Two Rock all Companies have 15watt versions or 'tweed' settings etc.

What Guitars You Using?
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I find my Blackheart to be pretty good for Page tones.

But I find my Blackheart to be good for anything that I do with it.

+1 the blackheart would be excellent for the bands you have listed.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
How much are you looking to spend?
my budget around 500 i guess.

i've been looking at the blackheart handsome devil and i tested it once. its has little gain tho and i find it a bit dark actually. dark in a cool way tho

the rebel 20 is pushing the budget. i only played it clean once and it sounded amazing. it might have been because it was the first tube amp that i actually seriously tested for tone but yes it was nice and brilliant.

i once considered the tiny terrors but for the price, there is just to little versatility.
Go to a Fender store. Try out a Super Champ XD. Use a guitar w/ HBers. Select voice #9, set the gain low around 2 (the tone gets compressed if you go much higher), and adjust other controls as desired.
^^haven't

try a night train.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.