Okay, here's my situation. I only play at home at the moment, but I'm looking to start a band and potentially play some small gigs, not necessarily anytime very soon, but in the foreseeable future.

I have a budget of around 500-700; my biggest influences are Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, The Used and AFI, sort of a weird mix.

Has to be a tube amp and I'd prefer a combo, but it doesn't really matter. I'm going to try some out (whatever I can find around here), just was wondering what people thought of these:

Bugera 6262: http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG6262212 (I just wonder if it's too loud for me to even ever play)

Marshall Haze 40: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHMHZ40C (I haven't heard too much about these, but people told me to stay away from lower end Marshalls)

Peavey 6505+ 112: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106 (looks good, but the Bugera seems like a much better deal)

I wouldn't mind buying used, these are just what I've been looking at, what do you guys think.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Bugera 333XL sounds better for you than those. TBH, I couldn't stand the cleans on any of those (the 6260 being the most tolerable) and the 333XL's are atleast halfway decent.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What's the main difference between the 333XL and the 6262?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
I don't see how the Bugera is a much better deal, I'm pretty sure they're the same amp. A 2x12 would probably be a pain in the ass to haul around too. Out of those, the Peavey. But seriously, go into a shop and just try some amps out, and definitely look used.
Well my local shop doesn't sell Bugera and the Peavey is pre-order only right now, so I'm looking for a general direction to look. I definitely don't mind buying used, just need to narrow down my choices.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Quote by Gigatiran
What's the main difference between the 333XL and the 6262?

The 333XL is based off of a Peavey XXX and the 6262 is based off of a Peavey 5150II/6505+.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Okay, that helps, is Bugera just in the business of making Peavey knockoffs? I hear they're excellent though.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Quote by Gigatiran
Okay, that helps, is Bugera just in the business of making Peavey knockoffs? I hear they're excellent though.

They take other companies designs and tweak them for the most part. They sound pretty good, I prefer the real things but they come pretty close and they're unbeatable ATM for the price IMO. I just hear bad things about reliability but supposedly they've got that sorted out now. Some kid didn't plug the 1990 they had at GC the other into a cab and left it for a few minutes. I winced when I saw it but nothing happened. Maybe he was just lucky though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT