So I've had my Blues Junior for maybe a year, year and a half now, and I think the tubes are beginning to go bad. I'm starting to hear some buzzing when I play certain intervals and chords. I'm just curious, what is a good set of tubes to replace it with. I've heard that Electro Harmonix tubes are good for reducing noise, and I'd like that. I get my gain tones from pedals, so I'm not looking for tubes that have exceptional breakup on their own.

Any help would be great!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.
Almost the same thing. Sort of.

But I do love BJ's. Great amps.
Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
Might be microphonic preamp tubes.

I owned a BJr. I had tungsol pre's in it and I liked them JJ's are great if you want to make it a bit darker also
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
the buzzing/rattling is happening to me. I googled it and saw that most people had the same problem with their Blues Juniors too, and a tube replacement fixed it. once I get some cash I'm gonna buy some new tubes, probably Electro Harmonix unless there's a good reason not to.
It doesn't sound like a problem with the fitting of the tube physically, it's a problem with the sound itself. I'm thinking about going with the EH EL84's for my power section and the JJ 12AX7's for the preamp.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.

Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!
Quote by OneTimer1127
It doesn't sound like a problem with the fitting of the tube physically, it's a problem with the sound itself. I'm thinking about going with the EH EL84's for my power section and the JJ 12AX7's for the preamp.

I personally wouldn't suggest EHX EL84's. I HATED them and they didn't last long. really muddy tubes IMO. go with JJ or maybe Tung-Sol.

Just an Opinion.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Duly noted. Thanks for the advice!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Quote by mcrfobtai
I have a Pro Junior.

Everyone likes BJ's.

EVERYONE!!!!