Page 1 of 2
[12/26/12] Okay, so this thread is pretty old and this post is pretty cluttered so I'm rewriting the whole thing. I'm going to remove the few progress pictures in this post and instead picture each version of the instrument. Some of the pictures here can be found later in the thread as well, but for the sake of organization I'll have them here as well.

This was a 2002 Jackson Warrior WXRT that was found hanging in a garage in the frigid nothingness that is Western New York. The body was in pretty decent shape, but the fake top was something awful. Unfortunately, the next paint job was just as awful. I like the latest much more, but I may go for a lighter/speed blue sometime next year.

I no longer have a picture of the instrument as I received it.

Take 1:

Take 1.5:

Take 2:

Take 2.5:

And yeah, one thing that hasn't changed is my super terrible phone and lack of a real camera! :lol:
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Dec 26, 2012,
thats awesome i like it heaps
*gotzguitarskillz* Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

GUITARS

Ibanez rgr421exfm W/ Evos
Epiphone G-400
Some no name acoustic thats pretty good
pretty nice pretty nice hope you dont have to adjust the action for open g and take off the nut (inside joke)
Guitars- Ibanez rgx digital snow camo
Amplifiers- Randall 125 watt halfstack ( payed 350 for the stack )
Quote by warlockboy
pretty nice pretty nice hope you dont have to adjust the action for open g and take off the nut (inside joke)

Gosh I hope not.

Body taped off:

Black:
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Oct 27, 2009,
damn, thats gonna be cool.

i need to get back into painting, but the weather hasnt been to great, nor have a been feeling to great.. and not feeling good + paint crap all over the air = feeling worse

but moar pics of that paintjob when its done!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
damn, thats gonna be cool.

i need to get back into painting, but the weather hasnt been to great, nor have a been feeling to great.. and not feeling good + paint crap all over the air = feeling worse

but moar pics of that paintjob when its done!

Thanks. I've never been much of a painter for some reason, just don't have a feel for it or something. I'll surely put up a bunch of pics of the finished product!

Hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of a real camera and take some pics when I get it together for a mockup.
good job man, looks real nice
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
that, my friend, is ridiculously awesome
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
i got a warrior like that a little while back and was gonna make it nice too. all i got left to do is get it painted. id like to think itll end up as nice as yours
Thanks yall! Wait til it gets clear coated and buffed.
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Oct 29, 2009,
dam steve ted new what he was doin
Guitars- Ibanez rgx digital snow camo
Amplifiers- Randall 125 watt halfstack ( payed 350 for the stack )
That he did! I'm impressed.

I'm considering snagging some other pups instead of the EMGs now, though. Anyone have any experience with the GFS rails?
Quote by Spuds27
i got a warrior like that a little while back and was gonna make it nice too. all i got left to do is get it painted. id like to think itll end up as nice as yours

Man, you should paint it white and put some gold hardware on it. If not, I think I'll get another warrior in the future and do that. It shouldn't be to hard to find a beat up lower end one in a few years.
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Oct 30, 2009,
The 85 60 combo was the one I've always wanted to get. POST CLIPS PLEASE! If not at least tell what it's like (especially in respect to an 81 in the bridge if you've ever played that).
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Last edited by salsawords at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by salsawords
The 85 60 combo was the one I've always wanted to get. POST CLIPS PLEASE! If not at least what it's like, especially with the 85 in the bridge (I'm assuming it is).

I actually had the combo on my old Jackson, I LOVED it, but they are the only active EMGs I've had, so I can't make comparisons. The 85 in the bridge was outstanding, the perfect pickup in my opinion.
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by Steve-Mo
Man, you should paint it white and put some gold hardware on it. If not, I think I'll get another warrior in the future and do that. It shouldn't be to hard to find a beat up lower end one in a few years.

i was actually gonna get it like a dark gray bandaged kinda look. i have the hardware, back plates and trem cover all in chrome for it. im not much of a fan of gold on guitars
I see, that'll look really cool. Do you think this guitar will look okay with silver hardware? Because I'd prefer not to have to buy all new stuff right away and an curious.
Well, if you're looking for something cheaper,
you could look on www.dragonfireguitars.com
They have a set of active pickups which are supposedly really close to EMGs. I, personally, haven't tried them. You could also look in to guitarheads active pickups.

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
i think silver hardware looks good on dark guitars but for me personally, i like black on just about anything
Quote by Emoishboy
Well, if you're looking for something cheaper,
you could look on www.dragonfireguitars.com
They have a set of active pickups which are supposedly really close to EMGs. I, personally, haven't tried them. You could also look in to guitarheads active pickups.

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ

Yup, i know of em and considering all options at this point. the GFS ones seemed rather interesting, but i've heard of long wait for orders.
super sexy. good job!
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

I've heard to stay away from the GFS Rails, but their VEH is actually the shit (like that paint job)

Great work! I can't wait to see the whole thing done
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
oh, you mean the rail full sized hums I assume. idk about those...

but the SC sized are great
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Yeah, I'm interested in the Crunchy Rail humbuckers they got, I'm definitely going to read into them some more. I only want something like that for the bridge, I'm not sure about the neck yet.

Little update on the hardware: Picking up a super cheap BC Rich Warlock, body is in rough shape (another project body most likely though), but has the hardware I'll need, all in great shape. Black LFR, 500K pots and dome knobs. Getting it way cheaper than the price of a new LFR, so what the hell.

The body is a fun future project though. I'm thinking red, with a maple neck with black sharkies, silver hardware.
Better shot at the finish:

It's not super glossy, but that's what I wanted. In the light you can see the difference of layers of the black and red giving off the appearance of actual rips, which I love.
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Nov 3, 2009,
Here's the some new shots of the current progress. Guy who I'm getting the other stuff off of is being a turd, so I'm probably going to just set this up with the current trem once I get my locking grovers in the mail. I don't think it looks bad with the silver anyway.

(Still using my phone, sorry for the shit pictures)
Looks pretty awesome, man.

Edit: now that I look at it again, that headstock looks great with everything, much better than the usual 6 in-line imo.
Last edited by Shashing at Nov 7, 2009,
Quote by distortion896
schweet!!! i think i may try something similar. how much did that all cost?

Getting it painted cost me $30, but professionals charge way more than that. Everything else is totaled to about $100, that's the body, neck, tuners, and bridge. I had the pups laying around, somehow I forgot about em.
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Nov 7, 2009,
Small update:

I'm low on funds at the time being so this is taking longer than expected. I decided to go with a Duncan '59 in the neck and a Bill Lawrence L-500XL for the bridge. I've got the '59 in the mail and am ordering the graph tech nut and the Bill Lawrence this weekend. Also, I acquired Grover locking tuners and have them installed. So this project should be done in a week or two.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Man, I love that paint job!

Out of curiosity, which 500XL did you get? (from Bill Lawrence USA or Bill & Becky Lawrence?) I have the later in an LP and love it. I'm interested to know how you like yours.
Page 1 of 2