Page 1 of 2
I made a painting/drawing based on a song. The song was called "Forgotten(lost angels)-Lamb of God. I got the idea from the song and a documentry about metal, and I watched the whole thing and It was all obvious now.

"The satanism you see, isn't the satanism you see."

Well anyways I don't know what the hell I drew and I noticed alot of symbolism and the art teachers don't look at me the same way anymore. Here's the stuff I drew.

-Devil/demon holding trumpets or something and making loud noise.
-Church burning
-full moon/ Giant face coming out of it all saddened
-Guy with gas tank.
-6 sheep walking away
-1 sheep who stayed and is burning
-Scared face on church (Fear is your only god)

Thats pretty much about it. I have to write a paper on it now. So try summerize for me? I seriously got carried away. Explain to me more about Metal. I wanna make em realize what Metal really is.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Tell them that you're a rebellious teenager who has drawn clichéd and outdated ideas about religion and The Devil.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
A substance with high electrical conductivity, luster, and malleability, which readily loses electrons to form positive ions (cations). Metals are otherwise defined according to their position on the Periodic Table, including groupings as alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, transition metals, and rare earth metals.

amidoingitright?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
A substance with high electrical conductivity, luster, and malleability, which readily loses electrons to form positive ions (cations). Metals are otherwise defined according to their position on the Periodic Table, including groupings as alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, transition metals, and rare earth metals.

amidoingitright?

Is it just me or does anyone else see a golden dong?
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I don't know, put words after each other. I painted some weird bollocks with a clock in front of a guy's face, an elephant on a carnival float, a spatula and some machinery, and managed to make up some shite about routine and work making us lose our sense of wonder and adventure. It's easy, anything can be a symbol for anything.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
Is it just me or does anyone else see a golden dong?

Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
No I'm not that kind of teen. I just enjoy the music.

But everybody is wrong about Metal.

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Quote by whalepudding
I don't know, put words after each other. I painted some weird bollocks with a clock in front of a guy's face, an elephant on a carnival float, a spatula and some machinery, and managed to make up some shite about routine and work making us lose our sense of wonder and adventure. It's easy, anything can be a symbol for anything.

Art make you draw weird stuff...

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Metal is just music that focuses on "darker" subjects of humanity. The music is loud and agressive and at times dissonant to represent anger, hatred or fear, or even sorrow... Etc..
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
i'm not a true metal person, sorry I couldn't help...
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Just ask one of the guys from Mayhem.

Or what's left of them...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Tell them that you're a rebellious teenager who has drawn clichéd and outdated ideas about religion and The Devil.

that was really mean and uncalled for and rude

i tip my bonnet to you my good sir!
Quote by vinnie-watt5
No I'm not that kind of teen. I just enjoy the music.

But everybody is wrong about Metal.

Why are you capitalizing "metal," as if you're attempting to deify it?
Well congratz on re-enforcing the stereotype.
That will show em they were wrong all along about metal. /sarcasm.
Cause no one ever suspected that metal had anything to do with church burnings 'cough' Varg Vikernes, guys from Emperor etc. 'cough' / more sarcasm

Anyways,
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by Holy Katana
Why are you capitalizing "metal," as if you're attempting to deify it?

DEIFY THY MASTER

I stopped reading at 'Lamb of God' because you aren't true metal, so fuck you
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
make up something else. if you write a paper saying that your drawing symbolizes metal then you will cause more people to hate metal without reason. you are the kind of person I dislike because you think that metal is about burning churches and promote that idea. and you DO NOT understand metal if you like shit like lamb of god.
Quote by MHDrunk
DEIFY THY MASTER

I stopped reading at 'Lamb of God' because you aren't true metal, so fuck you

I've heard of Pestilence, but I had no idea that two of the members are named Patrick. A quick Wiki search for them tells me that they eventually started putting jazz fusion elements into their music.

I declare this band to be made of win and awesome.
Quote by Holy Katana
I've heard of Pestilence, but I had no idea that two of the members are named Patrick. A quick Wiki search for them tells me that they eventually started putting jazz fusion elements into their music.

I declare this band to be made of win and awesome.

That kind of jazz fusion stuff you are talking about is not up my alley but that's cool

They made some fucking killer straight up death and thrash metal which I 'deify'
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Pics?
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
If you like drawing bunring churches and demons you should listen to Black Metal. The rest of metal is nothing like that.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
If you like drawing bunring churches and demons you should listen to Black Metal. The rest of metal is nothing like that.

Good thing we have your knowledge to rely on. Guess I'll just file half my death, thrash, speed and doom metal under black then.

Quote by MHDrunk
Good thing we have your knowledge to rely on. Guess I'll just file half my death, thrash, speed and doom metal under black then.

Well that's honestly what I do, apart from thrash.

I hate subgenres.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93

I hate subgenres.

Is this some kind of conditioned response you've developed after being bullied for liking Slipknot?

Quote by SlipknotRule93

I hate subgenres.

So... You hate subgenres, and that's why you file everything under one?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by vinnie-watt5
I made a painting/drawing based on a song. The song was called "Forgotten(lost angels)-Lamb of God. I got the idea from the song and a documentry about metal, and I watched the whole thing and It was all obvious now.

"The satanism you see, isn't the satanism you see."

Well anyways I don't know what the hell I drew and I noticed alot of symbolism and the art teachers don't look at me the same way anymore. Here's the stuff I drew.

-Devil/demon holding trumpets or something and making loud noise.
-Church burning
-full moon/ Giant face coming out of it all saddened
-Guy with gas tank.
-6 sheep walking away
-1 sheep who stayed and is burning
-Scared face on church (Fear is your only god)

Thats pretty much about it. I have to write a paper on it now. So try summerize for me? I seriously got carried away. Explain to me more about Metal. I wanna make em realize what Metal really is.

church burnings and satan ain't metal.... thats just posers of black metal trying to look terrifying and awesome with their retarded black/white make up + gay leather outfits! raawr how br00talz! anyway my point is anything that have to do with "worshipping" satan is retarded.
Quote by MHDrunk
Is this some kind of conditioned response you've developed after being bullied for liking Slipknot?

I was expecting a Slipknot response But no, I haven't been bullied for liking Slipknot, I take it in good humour.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
If you want to show them what metal really is, show them some music and album covers that isn't inhumane.
DeVillains!
I think that people who don't believe in the separation of thrash, death, black, doom and speed (I can understand speed being lumped together with thrash or classic) metal subgenres must be deaf.

Quote by MHDrunk
I think that people who don't believe in the separation of thrash, death, black, doom and speed (I can understand speed being lumped together with thrash or classic) metal subgenres must be deaf.

There's a load of crap like Funeral Doom, Blackened Death and Drone Doom and I'm pretty sure that these are actually the same thing.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Quote by SlipknotRule93
There's a load of crap like Funeral Doom, Blackened Death and Drone Doom and I'm pretty sure that these are actually the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pf_CqKH4O8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTUe2XLeUyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIR1KfKXH6s

Nope, no difference there.
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by whalepudding

I liked the second one but the first and last did sound similar.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
There are distinctions that are massively obvious to fans of the genre.

What about the last one not having any drums? In metal that's a pretty massive difference.
Page 1 of 2