Page 1 of 2
hey, my external hard drive has been corrupted and i just lost about 200 gb of music. if anyone could help me out with a what.cd invite it would be greatly appreciated, I would use my demonoid account, but its down, perhaps if you have what but not demonoid i could help you out once they are in order again. my email address is bcook11@gmail.com

THANKS!
Ben
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I don't think anyone would give out a What.cd invite over a forum. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's looked down upon.

If you're really desperate, you could always take their interview.
i disagree, what.cd is all about sharing. I always keep a high ration if anyone is concerned about that.
Good luck.

You'll probably need to build up rep with other trackers and keep a good ratio on each. Then maybe someone with an invite will be willing to hook you up.

EDIT: they're all about sharing yeah, but they're also one of the most exclusive trackers out there, beaten only by AoM.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
well ive got a demonoid account with a high ratio, but demonoid is down.
It's not a blanket statement, it's a fact, coming from someone who's around the tracker community. If what.cd is so generous I don't see why you're not in already.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
well the first time i ever tried to get in was 5 minutes ago when i started this thread.
Go to ThePirateBay, Demonoid was sh*t anyway, I never got why UG was so obsessed with Demonoid, probably the fact that they felt "special" because you can only register at certain times or by invite.
i know about the pirate bay, and demonoid and what are definitely on another level. I use piratebay when its convenient, but there are plenty of things that aren't on both.
I can get you one, but i want evidence that you arent a leeching sob...

btw have you tried BTjunkie?
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Oct 27, 2009,
yeah ive tried btjunkie, what sort of evidence do you want? my only ratio is on demonoid, but its down... ill get you whatever info you want tho to reassure you that I'm a valid candidate. Im a music major at california institute of the arts if it makes any difference
Quote by mercedesisbenz
yeah ive tried btjunkie, what sort of evidence do you want? my only ratio is on demonoid, but its down... ill get you whatever info you want tho to reassure you that I'm a valid candidate. Im a music major at california institute of the arts if it makes any difference

on your utorrent you could screenprint what you are downloading and sharing at the moment...
heres my utorrent, i just got this laptop so there isnt really anything besides a couple things i grabbed really quick for class.

Quote by mercedesisbenz
Im a music major at california institute of the arts if it makes any difference

Who's location is St. Louis MO?

People would take you seriously if you didnt post like a mad man looking for his penis...

My only help in this thread is; obvious troll is obvious...
Quote by mercedesisbenz
heres my utorrent, i just got this laptop so there isnt really anything besides a couple things i grabbed really quick for class.

2 items? come on.
i just moved out here at the beginning of the semester, never got around to changing the location, i rarely get on this forum nowadays.
and like i said, i just got this laptop and demonoid is down, so i havent gotten anything lately, i have enough on my ipod to hold me over, if you can help me out, id really appreciate it.
your ratios are shit champ, don't you need something ridiculous like a 20 to 1 upload to download ratio to even qualify for what.cd? Also, me thinks that Sir-Shredalot is a successful troll
^^^ i never said they were anything, if you read the whole thread it adds up...
The point is that you're gonna need more than that to convince the what.cd guys to invite you. As far as torrent sites go, it's pretty exclusive and you're gonna have to prove that you're willing to share graciously.

edit: generously even...lol phail by me
Last edited by kenan6346 at Oct 27, 2009,
anyway, i upload as much as possible and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by mercedesisbenz
anyway, i upload as much as possible and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Although I can't help you get an invite (on the off occasion that I d/load using bittorrent, I just go to mininova and get what I need), I can tell you that you're gonna have to show some sort of proof to have a chance of getting in. Anyone can say that they upload heaps and hope for an invite, but it ain't gonna cut it. Sorry I can't help any more than that.
i wouldnt invite anyone i dont personally know because what.cd is my only resort for rare music. there are so many things you could do to get yourself banned as well as me and my entire invite tree. just do it the old fashion way, join a smaller tracker and get power user status until you get invited to another one. also, what.cd sent this to all the users a few months ago:

"You get invites so that you can bring in others who will be good members of the site. Our invites are not currency to be used to gain access elsewhere. Ideally, they should be given to those you know well, and can trust to be a good member here.

Think about those rules when you find someone seeking an invite. Do you know that person? Even more importantly, do you trust them enough to risk your account for it? Because of the number of disabled users who try and get new accounts, we have to take a strict stance, and hold the inviter responsible for banned users returning - users being careless with their invites is how cheaters and traders are getting back into What.CD! Don't assume that you can trust someone because they've got a high user rank on another site, or they show you pictures of stats from other sites - remember: bad people are very good at lying! If you're the slightest bit unsure, don't invite someone. It's not worth the risk to your account, and we don't want to lose you!

Thanks again,

the What.cd team. "
yeah
i would never do anything to get myself or anyone banned, I'm always a strong user.
heres a screenshot of my itunes if anyone cares, i had to get it from somewhere..

Quote by mercedesisbenz
i would never do anything to get myself or anyone banned, I'm always a strong user.

VVV

Don't assume that you can trust someone because they've got a high user rank on another site, or they show you pictures of stats from other sites - remember: bad people are very good at lying!

I don't want to insinuate anything but...yeah. I dunno about other members here, but either you're a bad troll or you're the real deal, because you've been pretty blunt about everything and you seem to be committed to get in.

In any case, I reckon just go to the big sites like mininova and TPB, because unless you listen to uber-kvlt ultra-shiny rare black metal, most stuff you'll be able to find on those two sites.
I listen to a lot of thigns that are only released on vinyl in the uk, so i need to get it off of what because theyre often hard/expensive to obtain, I also just lost a LOT of music that I had been gathering over a long period that id like to get back. I dont really see how I come off as a troll, I just want to listen to some music.
Well I'll give you some credit, you've got an accomplished library of songs. Something like 7 times what I've got
I don't know anything about whatever this thing is, but what's wrong with normal torrent sites?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
also specific recordings of a lot of jazz tunes are often hard to track down on public trackers, ive found it easier on sites like demonoid, and from what i understand what.cd is very similar.
Quote by mercedesisbenz
I listen to a lot of thigns that are only released on vinyl in the uk, so i need to get it off of what because theyre often hard/expensive to obtain, I also just lost a LOT of music that I had been gathering over a long period that id like to get back. I dont really see how I come off as a troll, I just want to listen to some music.

The only reason I made that troll reference was because, to me, it seemed like you were basically going "i need a what.cd invite, kthxbi" because your comments seemed awfully blunt. In any case, that's a good library, so I'll take your word for it.

Seriously, most stuff you can get off public trackers at a comparable speed to private trackers, and if you're having trouble with that vinyl stuff, I'm sure you could find a rapidshare of it at a last resort.
haha yeah trust me i know about plenty of ways of obtaining music, and private trackers really are the shit. I was only blunt because im not interested in what they have to say, i just want the invite, as harsh as it may sound.
Page 1 of 2