Who's into this stuff. Bascially what happened is NOBUNNY wrote a buncha songs for a girl group, and couldn't find a girl group so he got a gay dude to do it instead.

You might know Hunx from GRAVY TRAIN.

www.myspace.com/hunxsolo
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I've heard of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like a couple songs, but overall it's a bit too trendy-lo-fi-garagey for me. Same with Nobunny really. Actually I liked a Nobunny song better when I saw a different band doing it. The songs are good but I'm not huge on the sound!
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Are they worth seeing live? That is, are they worth the irrational frustration all the ****ing hipsters will probably cause me? ('Scuse the stereotyping.)

Mikey Erg will be there, so it's worth it.
Quote by sargasm
I like a couple songs, but overall it's a bit too trendy-lo-fi-garagey for me. Same with Nobunny really. Actually I liked a Nobunny song better when I saw a different band doing it. The songs are good but I'm not huge on the sound!

Yeah, I kind of agree. But it's fairly rare that a band I like at all comes around these parts, so as I've been especially bored lately I figured if they put on a good show I might go regardless. I don't think I know anybody else that likes them anyway, so...

I don't give a shit about Mikey Erg.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌

I don't give a shit about Mikey Erg.

Does not compute.
Yeah, I'd go and see Hunx. You can't go to any gig without getting pissed off by members of the audience, so just ignore the hipstas and enjoy it.
I've heard of them! I have so much credibility now! But legit, I play them all the time on my late-night college radio show. Their CD showed up in the stacks of new music a few weeks back. I played it because it looked goofy as hell, and I have to play 60% new music. It was good.
Saw them live a couple days ago and they were great. I don't really understand peoples problem with hipsters. Most hipster that I have met were really nice people. I've met a lot more punks with those annoying hipster traits that everyone complains about than annoying hipsters.

Quote by due 07
They sound like a gay version of The Black Lips.

Not really.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Saw them live a couple days ago and they were great. I don't really understand peoples problem with hipsters. Most hipster that I have met were really nice people. I've met a lot more punks with those annoying hipster traits that everyone complains about than annoying hipsters.

Not really.

It pretty much depends on the event, if you go to certain clubs, the hipsters there will be really shallow image conscious socialites (which is what people immediately think of when the word 'hipster' is mentioned, whereas hipsters at gigs are generally cooler, have a substance-over-image mentality and actually have something interesting to talk about.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly

Not really.

Yeah, I totally didn't mean it.

The way I see it, there are two major sorts of people that the term has begun to denote as of late (actually there are clearly way more than that, but blah blah blah who gives a shit).

There are the upper-middle-class, (at least ostensibly) artsy or intellectual, sort-of-bohemian young folks — these sorts of peeps have casually received the epithet for, like, 60 years.

Then there are the people who happen to look sort of like the people who fit the current paradigm for the former type — I don't think it was widely used in this capacity until around 5 years ago. So basically, if you have those thick-framed glasses, or if you like music that's even remotely non-mainstream (or Grammy-winning "indie") (excepting a few genres, such as death metal, for some reason), you're liable to be called a ****ING HIPSTER by some butt rock fan douchebag, or by another "hipster."

Needless to say it's a ****ing stupid thing to call someone, and I would only do so tongue-in-cheek. I have no sincere beef with intellectuals, art-fags, bohemians, or even people who follow trends, consciously or otherwise. Hell, I have no sincere beef with anyone, Because I suppose I believe in a certain kind of determinism that prevents me from confidently making value judgments of anything.

Nevertheless, as silly as it is, I do have sort of a cringe reaction to people who fit into the stereotype uncannily.

Goddammit, I feel like a huge douche for that, but I ALREADY TYPED IT, WHAT CAN I DO? Please, for the love of Satan, PLEASE nobody respond to this, because if this turns into a thread about hipsters I'm gonna kill myself. If you have any awareness of the nature of the internet, you know the potential consequences of starting a discussion about this shit. If you've got Tourette's syndrome and you absolutely can't repress your urge to respond (if this is like any other forum, there's at least one of you here), please have some mercy on everyone else and do it in the off-topic thread. Just tryin' to be safe .
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
I didn't go to the show because I lost access to my car.

Aw, that sucks.

I wish Hunx would come over to the UK.
Bump! I just saw Hunx this past weekend! Really great show! I also retract my initial judgment of them. They're not really lo-fi garagey at all.
Quote by sargasm
Bump! I just saw Hunx this past weekend! Really great show! I also retract my initial judgment of them. They're not really lo-fi garagey at all.

I always thought they were, because obviously at the start they were put together by Nobunny, but then they've gotten more old school bubblegum punk sounding, like Shannon and the Clams, who's the bass player.
Me and Stiv did a cover of 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' by Black Flag that turns into 'Gimme Gimme Back Your Love' by Hunx and his Punx.

Because that's how we roll, bitches.
Too Young was cool, but it wasn't track-after-track-after-track of great songs like Gay Singles. Plus it was a sort of different aesthetic that took getting used to.