i have a couple of song specific effects questions.

1. is there any effect which gives a kind of dual guitar effect. ie if the actual recording had two guitars playing the same part at the same time (saturday night special - lynyrd skynyrd), can a single guitar emulate that with a pedal?

2. martin barre's second solo on jethro tull's 'to cry you a song' - with a kinda ringing feel - what effect is used here?

appreciate the feedback.
1. have you completely forgotten what a chorus pedal is? a good vintage on will make it sound exactly like two guitars playing.

2 nvm
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by vtpcnk

1. is there any effect which gives a kind of dual guitar effect. ie if the actual recording had two guitars playing the same part at the same time (saturday night special - lynyrd skynyrd), can a single guitar emulate that with a pedal?

2. martin barre's second solo on jethro tull's 'to cry you a song' - with a kinda ringing feel - what effect is used here?

appreciate the feedback.

1. A harmonizer?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
1. A harmonizer?

ive never seen so much fail in one thread.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
ive never seen so much fail in one thread.

Neither have I seen so much fail in 9 words

http://eu.musicianuniversity.com/Guitars/DigiTech-HARMONY_MAN-Guitar_Effects_Pedal.html

http://www.guitarpedalstore.com/guitar-effects-pedals.asp/pid_12094/productname_Digitech-HarmonyMan-Intelligent-Pitch-Shifter

A chorus will create feel that you have a fatter tone because the chorus will fill in the sound-scape.

In comparison the Digitech harmonizer is designed to sound as though there's another guitar playing above or below you. Far more effective in creating a feel that there's more than one guitar playing.

If you want to create the impression of more than one guitar, having your signal played a pitch higher or lower is more powerful than having your signal modulated slightly.

Spend more time playing your guitar than calling fails on the internet. Your tone towards the TS has been condescending from your first post, you may be familiar with effects, but the TS might be new to effects.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by bananahammock
1. have you completely forgotten what a chorus pedal is? a good vintage on will make it sound exactly like two guitars playing.

2 nvm

It's also entirely possible that he's never had the opportunity to learn what this is.

TS, a chorus effect is created by taking your guitars signal, then making a copy of it that sounds at a slightly different frequency. A slightly out of tune copy. It sounds to me like this is what you're talking about.
Not a huge fan of bees
no ur just a douche, chorus literally means the sound of two instruments playing, although modern medals beef up ur tone and add delay to the second sound, vintage good ones, will do simple duplicate ur sound with a slight tonal difference so u can hear there is two. a harmonizer creates a second sound that is an octave above the original, go away, im right ur wrong.
Quote by bananahammock
no ur just a douche, chorus literally means the sound of two instruments playing, although modern medals beef up ur tone and add delay to the second sound, vintage good ones, will do simple duplicate ur sound with a slight tonal difference so u can hear there is two. a harmonizer creates a second sound that is an octave above the original, go away, im right ur wrong.

Thanks for the "douche".

Flaming: There is a zero tolerance policy on flaming. All posts harassing, insulting, disrespecting, offending or showing attitude to another member will be met with a warn or ban depending on severity.

Reported.

Maybe you'd like to return to the pit?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
a chorus usually won't get the job done. yes, it does simulate 2 guitars playing at the same time but the delay is so close it just seems like your sound is thicker. What you really want is a harmonizer. It allows the 2 different guitar sounds to be heard clearly.

and bananahammock, GTFO.

EDIT: basically just what ragingkitty said.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Last edited by HellBoy9393 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by bananahammock

nope, you re wrong. a harmonizer can add whatever signal, even in unison with your guitar. look at boss ps-5.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
Quote by itafromhell
nope, you re wrong. a harmonizer can add whatever signal, even in unison with your guitar. look at boss ps-5.

this. i can make unison harmonizations with my lexicon, sounds EXACTLY like two guitars playing the same part. i can even **** with the onboard filters to make it sound like two different guitars playing the same part.

and banana, you're a moron. chorus is a time based oscilation effect. it's essentially the same thing as a flanger. does a flanger sound like two guitars playing the same part?
Quote by vtpcnk

appreciate the feedback.

1. Forget about the Harmonisers and Pitch shifters.
If you want things to sound like you have a second guitar playing the exact same thing as you then set a delay, not reverb, of 7ms and mix it at 50/50 for signal.

2. I would believe the effect in that song is a Harmoniser or Pitch shifter of some sort or hes just multi tracked 3 different layers.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
Quote by bananahammock
a harmonizer creates a second sound that is an octave above the original, go away, im right ur wrong.

Pretty sure that's an octaver dude. A harmonizer HARMONIZES the notes, ie plays notes which HARMONIZE the note you're playing, can you see why it's called a harmonizer now?
Quote by ragingkitty
Thanks for the "douche".

Flaming: There is a zero tolerance policy on flaming. All posts harassing, insulting, disrespecting, offending or showing attitude to another member will be met with a warn or ban depending on severity.

Reported.

Maybe you'd like to return to the pit?

You reported him for that ... =.=
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
You reported him for that ... =.=

I definitely would have. With a tone as condescending as his, who wouldn't?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
yeah, that guy was clearly a troll. it's one thing to be a dick when provoked. it's quite another to walk into a thread with that attitude... and on top of it to be wrong.
Clearly i didnt read the whole thing ... thought it was just the one post by bananahammock ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Clearly i didnt read the whole thing ... thought it was just the one post by bananahammock ...

I'm not one to be a rule Nazi... but that 13 year old prick was just looking to someone kick his arse.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Neither have I seen so much fail in 9 words

http://eu.musicianuniversity.com/Guitars/DigiTech-HARMONY_MAN-Guitar_Effects_Pedal.html

http://www.guitarpedalstore.com/guitar-effects-pedals.asp/pid_12094/productname_Digitech-HarmonyMan-Intelligent-Pitch-Shifter

A chorus will create feel that you have a fatter tone because the chorus will fill in the sound-scape.

In comparison the Digitech harmonizer is designed to sound as though there's another guitar playing above or below you. Far more effective in creating a feel that there's more than one guitar playing.

If you want to create the impression of more than one guitar, having your signal played a pitch higher or lower is more powerful than having your signal modulated slightly.

Spend more time playing your guitar than calling fails on the internet. Your tone towards the TS has been condescending from your first post, you may be familiar with effects, but the TS might be new to effects.

this is what we call owned kids. hands down this is the way to go.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?