This is one of the amps that i'm considering getting, is there anything i should know about it before asking the guitar store to order one in to try out??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Yes, absolutely try them out before you mindlessly order one. They have a very distinctive sound. I have a Fireball myself, while I was at first looking for a Powerball as well. I liked the Fireball's sound better..

Seriously, try one out, I think it's a quite versatile amp, but; while you try one, make sure you try the Fireball and the Ritchie Blackmore Signature as well.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
cheers, it does look like a great amp and is very versatile. its also a lot cheaper, even with a cab, than the two Mesas that i'm also looking at.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
It sounds like garbage at low volumes. So turn it up!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by shredftw
cheers, it does look like a great amp and is very versatile. its also a lot cheaper, even with a cab, than the two Mesas that i'm also looking at.

Powerballs are very love hate. I personally don't mind them but I'd rather have an ENGL Savage or Blackmore.

Or the e530 + mesa poweramp I currently own...
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Doodleface
It sounds like garbage at low volumes. So turn it up!

what?

Quote by Mark G
Powerballs are very love hate. I personally don't mind them but I'd rather have an ENGL Savage or Blackmore.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its savage and up for engl or nothing, imo
the blackmore is ok (only engl i have had a chance to play besides the steve morse)
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
its savage and up for engl or nothing, imo
the blackmore is ok (only engl i have had a chance to play besides the steve morse)

Totally agree with this. Been through a few Engl's including the SE. The Savage was the ONLY one worth owning/keeping. Best one of them all.
Yea man, check out some sound clips, your name is Shred.

Im assuming, for what your looking for the SAVAGE is the only way to go...

Can you pick me up one while you are at it??
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness