Hi guys,

been offered a tokai LS85 , rrp about £600-£700, at mates rates hes offered it to me at £175...

the only problem is one of the strap pegs is damaged....

is this still a bargain?

thanks
yep, if it's just a damaged strap button it's an easy fix
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
oh good then

whats your thoughts on the guitar

there is one review on here....

its like 9.8/10 ?!
im in the uk matey

any link to these?

i dont know much about the tokai brand

except its expensive

is it quality? better than epiphone for the les paul??

thanks
better than the epiphone les paul?

heck, it's likely to be better than a lot of the standard range gibsons. That's a japanese-made one (just check it's got a 2-screw truss-rod cover, and with any luck it'll say made in japan on the back of the headstock). i don't know about fixing the strap button, but i assume it's an easy fix. Check it's in decent nick, check you have someone who can fix the strap button for you if you can't, and if so, go for it (assuming you try it and like it, of course).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeh it seems like a bargain to me...
my mate has a gisbon les paul something or other cost over a grand...
so hes letting this go to me cheapp...
well apparently its just one of the screw in knob things so fingers crossed when i see it tommorow its repairable...
yeah, i mean check ebay for the going rate, but I imagine somewhere around the £300-£400 mark for one in decent nick. If you can either fix that strap button yourself, or get someone you trust to do it for you for not too much, assuming the rest of the guitar is in good nick and it's definitely an MIJ ls85 (or the older equivalent of the same model, the model number is the price in yen, which changes over time), it does sound like a pretty good price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i hope my mate wouldnt try and con me into a dodgey guitar...
but ill put it through its paces...
i think he will let me have it a few days before i decide..
yeah, of course. I just mean in case there's anything wrong with it that he hasn't spotted.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
bad news

from another friend it seems there are considerable chips on the body

and a intermitant problem with the electrics which he has failed to tell me about...

?
Quote by daverichards
bad news

from another friend it seems there are considerable chips on the body

and a intermitant problem with the electrics which he has failed to tell me about...

?

Chips = battle scars = stories = bigger dick. But nah that sucks to hear and you can always just re-wire the damn thing for no more then 30 pounds or whatever it costs for you guys.
unfortunately im a noob to electric guitars...

i have no idea how to rewire it lol

is it a big job for a guitar fixing shop?
Nope pretty simple man heck you may as well learn it now as you can't stuff it up further, well you can actually but if you take it simple you shouldn't be able to.
Rewiring would likely just need you to retouch the connections with a bit of solder. It wouldn't be too hard if you use a bit of common sense.

Do you know what the issue is with the strap button? It can be as easy as putting a tooth pick in the hole to solve the problem. £175 is an absolute steal for that kind of guitar. Someone I know has one of their SG's, and it's excellent.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
the strap button is only really cosmetic so im not too worried

but yeh another friend said its probly just soldering

fingers crossed!
yeah, with any luck it's minor (the wiring thing). also make sure those chips are just in the paint.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?