LINE 6 SPIDER 4 HEAD AND CAB

OR

PEAVEY VALVEKING HEAD WITH MARSHALL CAB

i want a heavier tone e.g KSE/Parkway Drive/AILD/Blessthefall

but a nice clean tone also, i like noodling with effects but ive got a lil zoom thing at the moment which is alright but i also like playing a bit of blues on the side so i like the fact the spider has all the different sounds on it...but peavey is tube so is the tonal quality loads better and whats the distortion like on them, ive read some people recommend a tubescreamer for the peavey?

xx
If those are your definite final two that you'll consider, the ValveKing. You should probably look into the Windsor too, and maybe at a Krank Rev Jr Pro?
id really prefer a triple rectifier or a peavey triple x or something but i just cant afford it lol

and id like to point out im not a noob im just skint lol
and several others, but yeah, same idea as marc... pressed for time, i'm sure someone else will step in with suggestions soon.
no chrisN its a 1960A...why does everyone assume your a noob if you post something on here jeeez
Quote by yonathon
no chrisN its a 1960A...why does everyone assume your a noob if you post something on here jeeez

Whenever you even THINK about buying a Line 6 Spider IV .

What's your budget? Do you gig? Will you go used?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
the bugera sounds good but they only have one master EQ like the 6260 is it? n id rather have 2 seperate EQ's for clean and overdrive
no wait the 6262 has, my bad. is the bugera 6262 much better than a valveking?
Yes, I forgot about Bugera when I posted. The 6262 is a great amp for metal.
Quote by yonathon
no wait the 6262 has, my bad. is the bugera 6262 much better than a valveking?

the 6262 is a Peavey 5150/6505 clone if I remember correctly. You can't really say one's better than another, though valvekings are generally looked down upon unless you change its speaker.

The 6262 is much more geared toward metal (hence the 5150 cloning), and you'll get a very tight, metalcore tone out of it. I think it'll suit you very well. The valveking PROBABLY has better cleans and with an EQ i think it could do metal. With everything stock, I'd say the 6262 is a good amp for you.

But still..look at my questions above...you need to answer them before we can give you good amp recommendations.
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

alright guys i think i might go with the 6262 and a marshall cab i found for £195
Quote by yonathon
alright guys i think i might go with the 6262 and a marshall cab i found for £195

Altogether?!
Pro-tip: Don't double post. If you forgot to say something, edit your original post and add it in.

For 650 pounds (i cant really relate, but yeah), i'm sure you could get much better than a 6262. Maybe get the real thing? The peavey 5150, I mean.
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

The real 5150 in England is £900. So I doubt he can get one and a cab for £650.
Quote by marc0mu

oh...I wasn't aware. well, the Peavey 6505+ 112 combo is coming out in a few days...that's meant to be their budget 6505. Have a look at that too.

Other amps I might suggest:

Laney GH50L (you should be able to get a good price on that since it's a UK company)
Randall G3/V3
Randall RG50TC
Line 6 Flextone III (Solid state, but can get a real nice metal tone.)
Even a boosted Peavey Classic 30 could get you into metal territory.
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Noob until proven otherwise; you have proven otherwise.

1960A will sound killer, even with the Valveking. That 6262 sounds like a badass deal though. Do it soon!
404: Sig not found.
The 6505112 sounds like a good idea. Whats puzzling me is why it's only £450 when the 212 is £1000? Weird.
Quote by marc0mu
The 6505112 sounds like a good idea. Whats puzzling me is why it's only £450 when the 212 is £1000? Weird.

Made in China

Not that there's anything wrong with that really. I could go on and on about why China isn't really the 'world's biggest manufacturer of unreliable shit', but I won't go down that path until I'm tempted to .
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by HellBoy9393
Made in China

Not that there's anything wrong with that really. I could go on and on about why China isn't really the 'world's biggest manufacturer of unreliable shit', but I won't go down that path until I'm tempted to .

NO! You're WRONG!

...i'm just curious, don't take me to seriously
i am interrested though in what you've got to say on the subject.
Quote by marc0mu

TS said he'll go used, a quick dash over to eBay and you will find 2 5150 2x12 combo's with buy it now option both only just over £500.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p4684.m38.l1313&_nkw=peavey+5150&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by GrisKy
NO! You're WRONG!

...i'm just curious, don't take me to seriously
i am interrested though in what you've got to say on the subject.

Well. First off, I'll say the reason why the price of Chinese-made products is so low is because of the cheap labor. Now don't go around thinking "ooooh the Chinese bosses are so cruel paying their workers so little!!", because the costs of living in China are FAR cheaper than in the West. 1-2 USD an hour means they can eat 3 meals a day, and have shelter.

Number 2, look how the world is labeling China...is it really justified? In a country of more than a BILLION people, most of which work in FACTORIES (i think), isn't it then quite obvious there WILL be a few slip-ups here and there? e.g. toxic paint toys, killer baby milk. What if another country had equally the same number of people and the same number of factories? Wouldn't there be more possibility for mistake?

My point here is the world should stop assuming all China made products are low-grade and crap. It is MOSTLY because of the cheap labor. Yes, there are some corrupt CEOs here and there who exploit cheaper materials to increase the size of their own wallet, but that's a problem experienced in companies all over the world. If you're not buying a Bogner Alchemist or Peavey 6505+ 112 just because it's made in China...well you must be quite prejudiced.

sorry for the long post, and for derailing the thread. Sometimes a bit of patriotism kicks in...
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

my vote goes for a bugera

EDIT: 3000th post
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.