Page 1 of 4
My name is Zach, aka footsteps7173. I’m a 19 year old college freshman. I am in a bad situation. In the past 2 years I have slowly become more fat than muscle. I used to play football in HS, and I was in decent shape, not great, just decent. But now I am a mess. I used to be 6’1”, now I am 5’11”. I used to be 200 pounds and pretty solid. Now I am 215 and mushy. I used to squat 315 a few times, now I bet you I couldn’t max at my own body weight. Never been good at bench, at the end of last years season I maxed out at 185, now I can hardly do 15 pushups. I bet you I cant even run the mile under 15 minutes. Sad, but true. Lots of sleepless nights, constant headaches, forgetfullness, fatigue, Hell, I don’t even get fulfilled playing the guitar much anymore. All I feel like doing is spending down time with my girlfriend or sleeping, or taking BC powders so I don’t have to have a headache when I sleep. Im hooked on BC’s. and I don’t want to be. Shoulder problem? Its because I have let my body go to s**t. Pics to come in a few days so yall can get the grim pic.

I have been eating a wide variety of everything in the meat and fats sections of the health pyramid. Cheetoes, Fritos, Lays, Munchos, Tacos, burritos, Burgers, Fries, Pizza, Bojangles, BK, McD’s, MOUNTAIN DEW. Yummy, but now I look back on all I ate, and am completely disgusted with myself. Im giving it all up. NOW. I need to change.

Last night my girlfriend called me and asked me to come over to talk. When I got there she was crying. I asked what was wrong. She said, “you”. Not as in ‘I don’t love you anymore, its over’, but the you that meant that she was that worried about me. She was worried because she looked up the possible meanings of all my constant excruciating headaches, fatigue, so on and so on, and the first one she saw was brain tumor. What a wake up call. She loves me, and has stated that shes with me to the end, and I’m very lucky to have her. I already knew in the back of my mind what to do. I just never had the drive or motivation. But I do now.

You guys, (and gals) I need to get back into shape. You are asking ‘Y r u wasting our time?’ Well, I come to my fellow guitarists and musicians to humbly ask you to be a HUGE part of my support system. Sure I have my fam, my gfs fam, and my few friends, but you guys can help too, I hope. There are THOUSANDS of you guys. I’d like to sticky this so that I can keep you guys updated and yall can give me advice, pointers, encouragement, and I would like this to be a motivational post for anybody else in the same screwed up position. I’ll be keeping the whole thing updated with changes that I notice, asking 4 guidance if I hit a plateau, etc.

Starting this morning, I am going to wake up EVERY morning 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 6:00. Then out for a 30 minute walk that hopefully turn into a jog soon and then into a run. Then bak home to eat a breakfast, which used to be a cheese biscuit and a mountain dew. Now its gonna be something a lot healthier, like eggs and toast or something along those lines. MWF I will be headed out to the gym after my classes end at 1200. Lifting weights to tone up and strengthen my whole body. Then off to the library (or job if I can ever find one) after a nutritious lunch made at home to do homework, study, cool down, keep u guys posted, w/e. Then home or gfs house to eat a dinner that hosts some veggies!!! :/ not looking forward to that part, but I gotta do it.

I am completely asking forgiveness from the previous spamming, and am begging the mods to see this and grant me my wish of stickying this for me. I ask only this one favor guys, because my life is about to turn 4 the great, and I really need this help.

Thanks for at least reading this,
Zach
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Quote by footsteps7173
I am completely asking forgiveness from the previous spamming, and am begging the mods to see this and grant me my wish of stickying this for me. I ask only this one favor guys, because my life is about to turn 4 the great, and I really need this help.

Thanks for at least reading this,
Zach

If not, there's a personal sticky button

Anyways, good on ya.

Here's a good thread btw:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150811
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by tattyreagh
How do you lose height?
Anyway good luck dude.

idk man. i went to the doc yesterday and i had lost 2 inches over the past 2 years. i was 6'1 playin football.
Quote by mullet1337
Good luck

I'm horrible at keeping to long term plans, so I generally try to do something (such as running daily) on a week by week basis (so I don't plan out a full year, because that would overwhelm me). Try to get somebody to support your specific goals; to keep you accountable for doing what you've planned to do, that way it's harder to get lazy about it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by footsteps7173
Ah. thanks man.

Keep us updated

Quote by tattyreagh
How do you lose height?
Anyway good luck dude.

American football
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
tl;dr?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by tattyreagh
How do you lose height?
Anyway good luck dude.

Some times, having a lot of upper body weight can cause tiny spine impactations, meaning that over time the individual will appear to be shorter.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut
Some times, having a lot of upper body weight can cause tiny spine impactations, meaning that over time the individual will appear to be shorter.

Idt its that bad. but my posture from lack of exercise is the more likely cause.
Quote by mullet1337
tl;dr, tubby wants to lose weight.

just quit the doritos and excersize, dude.

hey, at least you CAN lose weight, I have Cushing's which makes it virtually impossible to lose weight. losing the fat isn't so much about doing more excersize as it is about changing your entire mindset and way of life.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster

yea thanks much 4 the words of encouragement Bud.
Quote by mullet1337
oh

dude just run, cardio is the best way to burn of fat also comes in handy when a shanking party come after you

Edit: shame your not lucky like me who can just sit all day and stay the same weight

i do 50 press ups a day and i get results im just too lazy to do my abs =/

you could join a gym?
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Last edited by ryand111 at Oct 27, 2009,
Long. Skimmed it, so I might have missed some stuff, but I find it very unlikely that you have a tumour. But I agree that you should get in shape. I need it too, even though I'm not fat. I don't think it should be stickied though. Food: If you do eat junk food, don't make it more than once a month. Make your own meals (not pre-made microwave ones), such as pasta, rice and fish (I'm vegetarian, but it's really healthy). Wake up thingy: I think you should wake up every morning at about 8-9, and go to sleep no later than midnight. As for running, go to a park or something, try to run at a rather slow pace for as long as you can, and not more than three times a week. Weights: the least of your concerns. Don't do it more than twice a week, and try a rather light weight for as many repetitions as you can. You should work on push-ups and sit-ups (both lower and upper muscles). The most important part of your training is Perseverance right now, so try swimming once in a while too. Work: great idea! Try to diminish your internet time too (set certain hours or a maximum time policy, and abide it). Good luck!
Quote by footsteps7173
Idt its that bad. but my posture from lack of exercise is the more likely cause.

That is also a cause. Posture can be a problem. Lack of excercize itself can cause muscle ataxo-relaxation which can seem to decrease tha stature of an individual.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by CoreysMonster

hey, at least you CAN lose weight, I have Cushing's which makes it virtually impossible to lose weight. losing the fat isn't so much about doing more excersize as it is about changing your entire mindset and way of life.

im really sorry man.... 4 real. i came to realize the whole mind thing last night. I was up til lik 4 in the morning thinking about this junk.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by ryand111
oh

dude just run, cardio is the best way to burn of fat also comes in handy when a shanking party come after you

Edit: shame your not lucky like me who can just sit all day and stay the same weight

i do 50 press ups a day and i get results im just too lazy to do my abs =/

you could join a gym?

well, im gonna start going to the university rec center. they gotta trainer and im meeting with him this afternoon.
Quote by mullet1337
woah, sounds like what im goin thru now O.o i should make an effort too.
good on ya for trying, now that i read this, i should try as well.
Quote by tensaigamer0
woah, sounds like what im goin thru now O.o i should make an effort too.
good on ya for trying, now that i read this, i should try as well.

Thats the reason y i wanted to sticky this. im not doing this just for me. im doing this so ppl have a reference later on. I was hoping someone would see it and want to change.
Quote by mullet1337
Good on you for doing something about it before it becomes a huge problem.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by footsteps7173
Thats the reason y i wanted to sticky this. im not doing this just for me. im doing this so ppl have a reference later on. I was hoping someone would see it and want to change.

I think its a good idea. PM FrenchyFungus or someone.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut
I think its a good idea. PM FrenchyFungus or someone.

done. havent got an answer yet, but im pretty sure itll be ok.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by footsteps7173
yea literally.

Take a picture of yourself now (you don't have to post it), then take a picture of yourself after you've buffed up to show us, possibly motivate some others.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.

Why are you in the pit when you should be working off those Moobs?

No really, in all seriousness. Drop all sodas, drink only water and natural juices, RUN because jogging is for women, pussies, and democrats, and find someone you know or a gym that offers a P90x workout. Its basically marine bootcamp, but at your home.
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell
Quote by footsteps7173
well, im gonna start going to the university rec center. they gotta trainer and im meeting with him this afternoon.

see you are better than most people you are solving the problem

good luck and have a hug

Edit: if you need any advice you can ask me i dont mind
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Last edited by ryand111 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by ryand111

see you are better than most people you are solving the problem

good luck and have a hug

Edit: if you need any advice you can ask me i dont mind

thanks man. 4 the hug and advice. lol

And thanks all of UG. ik 4 sure im gonna do this. lol. itll give my gf something better to look at too in the long run. shes mostly the reason i started. I just couldnt ever motivate myself to do it 4 me. shes behind me 100%.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by footsteps7173
And thanks all of UG. ik 4 sure im gonna do this. lol. itll give my gf something better to look at too in the long run. shes mostly the reason i started. I just couldnt ever motivate myself to do it 4 me. shes behind me 100%.

You'll thank yourself in the long run when you're fit and an absolute babe...

YNWA
Hey guys dont be afraid to send me pm's with advice or encouragement, friend reqs, any of that stuff. lol.
Quote by mullet1337
Best of luck from me too, mate. I firmly believe that possessing the ability to motivate yourself towards constant self improvement and learning is an incredibly desirable trait.
Well, first things first. i walked to class from the commuter parking lot. bout a mile. took me 25 minutes. But one things for sure, i really felt good after going the whole way at a brisk pace. and refound muscles i had forgotten about..... XD
Quote by mullet1337
I'm with ya buddy. Stickied for me, and now I think I'm going to go for a run, something I haven't done in a while.

BTW I'm in a similar boat as you, bro. Back pain from being too tall, too heavy, too lazy. I used to weigh 240 and I'm up to 255. I don't know if it's muscle or fat, prolly fat. Anyway I need to control my eating and exercise more

An exercise I recommend to start is the stair pushup. If you can't do a normal pushup, like me, go find some stairs. Try a 5-stair pushup, then move down one stair at a time until you can do a normal pushup.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by woodenbandman
I'm with ya buddy. Stickied for me, and now I think I'm going to go for a run, something I haven't done in a while.

git er done. lol hopefully the impact will grow over time. i really hope so.
Quote by mullet1337
Good luck mate, it really sounds like a good thing you're doing, I don't think I'd have the motivation necessary to do it! I've got a bit out of shape lately and it's inspired me to maybe watch myself before I have to go to any sort of extremes, but yeah best of luck. I'll keep an eye out for your threads
I hear ya man..

I weigh nearly 250lbs.. Most of which comes from my lifting I do at the gym every two days.. But I need to sort my nutrition out and get my body fat down loer because I just look even fatter the more I work out

Whatever I try I just can't seem to burn it off so I'm just gradually getting bigger.

I drink only water, I do a lot of walking and biking, I eat my three meals a day (with a snack occasionally which usually consists of fruit or crisps if I feel like being a dick)

BUT I STILL HAVE MOOBS FUUUU
hey its mind over matter dude, your body can take more than your mind could ever push it through, so you've just got to focus and put in the effort, grit the teeth, show your colours and determination because its only your mind not your body that will cave getting back into shape and changing your lifestyle.
Go for it
Quote by footsteps7173
u guys are great.

mate YOU are great, it takes something special to turn your life around. dont ever get yourself down about wherever you are in life, because you've got what it takes to make the next day better, and as long as you keep that commitment to change you wont ever be down again
Page 1 of 4