Page 3 of 1002
Just watched Pulp Fiction again today for what has to be the 40th time. One of, if not the, most quotable movies of all time. Love it.
Quote by Karvid
I just just ordered/rented 12 Angry Men.
Speaking of 12, you should get 12 Monkeys out on DVD. Great movie.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
Just watched Pulp Fiction again today for what has to be the 40th time. One of, if not the, most quotable movies of all time. Love it.

Nothing is more quotable than, "I'll build her a cake or somesing."
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by michal23
Anyone seen Hero with Jet Li in? That film is amazing.

Yeah, really good film.

I heard the only reason it came out in Europe and America is due to Quentin Tarrantino having his name involved in it
Finally watched 12 Angry Men and I loved it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Finally watched 12 Angry Men and I loved it.

Fantastic film, definitely one of my favourites.

/cheeky bump
In Bruges anyone? I thought it was a fantastic film
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Jesus Christ. That film is GOLD.

Some hillarious moments indeed. A brilliant directorial debut from Martin McDonagh.
One of my film tutors on my degree used to work with John Woo and Jackie Chan, he was a cameraman for those old school Hong Kong action films. He was hilarious

And +1 for In Bruges, one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time, his fascination with midgets was amazing Superb acting all round.
I finally got my Office Space DVD today. Such a great movie.

"Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately."
"I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Has anyone seen Irreversible? It looks like it has a lot of potential but I'm not sure how bad the rape scene is. I've seen Cannibal Holocaust, Men Behind The Sun, I Spit On Your Grave and others, so how does it compare to those?
We're only strays.
Attention "The Exorcist" fans!

You guys should try watching the movie after seeing this great analysis video. It explains how the girl was not possessed; she was just a molested girl displaying post-molestation behavior seen through the eyes of everyone else.
Quote by MushroomBomb
Has anyone here been to an actual film school (as in, studied film and nothing else for a year or so)? I've been toying with the opportunity, I'll probably be going to some sort of university after the summer.

Oh yeah, I saw Blue Velvet again last night. Brilliant film. Absolutely brilliant.

I'm a David Lynch fanboy, so I must agree with this assessment.

I've thought about it, but I doubt I'd really direct anything, so it would be a useless degree. I just love film.
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm a David Lynch fanboy, so I must agree with this assessment.

I've thought about it, but I doubt I'd really direct anything, so it would be a useless degree. I just love film.

A degree isn't necessary. Film is an industry all about who you know, but film school is a great place to meet people in the industry.
This thread should have more posts
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Has anyone seen Irreversible? It looks like it has a lot of potential but I'm not sure how bad the rape scene is. I've seen Cannibal Holocaust, Men Behind The Sun, I Spit On Your Grave and others, so how does it compare to those?

I doubt it can be worse than the ones from Cannibal Holocaust or I Spit on Your Grave.

edit:
Quote by Thepredster
This thread should have more posts

And this.

Also, finally saw The Boondock Saints 2 a couple weeks ago. I can't tell if I liked it or not. I guess it was good but through the entire movie I kept comparing it to the first one.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Dec 10, 2009,
I've just finished watching "In The Loop" for the umpteenth time and I'm yet to get tired of it.

For anybody that doesn't know it's the work of Armando Ianucci and contains most the actors from The Thick of It playing basically the same characters they do in the aforementioned TV series.

IMDB
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by sticksause
A degree isn't necessary. Film is an industry all about who you know, but film school is a great place to meet people in the industry.

During my degree there were many opportunities to mingle with film folk, the Uni is lucky to be closely involved with the Cornish Film Festival, I met a film distributor guy based in London who was offering internships but at the time I had to much work to do.

A degree can get you somewhere, its just how you use it e.i I now have the qualification to go into masters programs that offer much more opportunities (the TV production course at my Uni has a 100% employment record), but what my degree has done for me is actually shown me what films I truly like, learnt how to write a script and how to use creative camera and editing work so I can now do my own thing. I'm planning a few projects atm, it'll take a few years but I'll get there
Quote by WaitWhat?
I've just finished watching "In The Loop" for the umpteenth time and I'm yet to get tired of it.

For anybody that doesn't know it's the work of Armando Ianucci and contains most the actors from The Thick of It playing basically the same characters they do in the aforementioned TV series.

IMDB

Got that from Tesco's today.

Will watch later.
I've bought RocknRolla because I loved lock stock and snatch, how bad it is compared to those?
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Yep. It's a fantastically-made film; definitely worth watching.

The rape scene ... I wouldn't watch it with any female friends or relatives, just because of how awkward it would feel; the scene is pretty long. It's very dry too - no editing, one shot, no music, some brilliant work by both actor and actress (and director of course).

It's French indie
Chungking Express

Anyone seen this movie? I've just rewatched this old classic, which will be my second time. The last time I watched this movie was in very short glimpses when I was young but I didn't watch it fully.
This time, it meant sometime to me that I can't explain, especially the second story of events. If you ever get the chance to watch it, please do.

Amazing movie. It's rated Top 100 movies of all time by TIME magazine.

Quote by Wikipedia
The movie comprises two different stories, told one after the other, each about a romance involving a policeman. Aside for a brief moment when the first story ends and the second begins, the two stories do not interconnect. However, the three main characters from the second story each momentarily appears during the first.

First Story
The first story concerns Taiwan-born cop He Qiwu, also known as Cop 223 (played by Kaneshiro). Qiwu's girlfriend May broke up with him on April 1st (April Fool's Day). His birthday is May 1 and he chooses to wait for May for a month before moving on. Every day he buys a tin of pineapple with an expiration date of May 1. By the end of this time, he feels that he will either be rejoined with his love or that it will have expired forever.

Second Story
In the second story, the unnamed Cop 663 (played by Tony Leung) is similarly dealing with a breakup, this time from a flight attendant (Valerie Chow). He meets Faye, the new girl at the snack bar (played by Faye Wong). She falls for him in secret, and frequently breaks into his apartment during the day to redecorate and "improve" his living situation. Gradually, her ploys help Cop 663 to cheer up, and he eventually realises that Faye likes him and arranges a date at the restaurant 'California'.

It's not a Chick-Flick for sure but you have to watch it to fully appreciate it. It's just one of these movies which, after having watched, really understand the complexities of fate?...no, not fate...perhaps life's great gift of convenience? It's a movie which really illustrates a life of broken-hearted person, living and talking to himself while totally sane.

Trailer

Clip with English Subtitles

Quentin on Chungking Express

It's instores in all good retail stores such as HMV etc. It was an international hit but being from Asia, I'm not sure if it's had all it deserves. The movie itself, was actually made in 1996 so it's quite old but it's definitely available on DVD. This movie, along with Infernal Affairs (of which the Departed was a remake of Infernal Affairs) is probably the best known movie in Asia.

I hope you find the time to watch it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I just watched '23', worst film I've ever seen, I'm going to have to quit smoking so I can get that 1 hour 30 of my life back. The plot seems like it's been written by an 11 year old that thinks they're clever and creative, and the only reason the plot twists are unpredictable is because they don't follow any conventional sense of logic. Of COURSE I'm going to be suprised to find out he's actually the killer if you don't mention the fact that he doesn't remember a huge part of his life until the end of the ****ing film, you stupid twats. This isn't even taking into account all the '23' nonsense. I actually feel cheated out of money and time, even though I just downloaded it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Harmonius
Chungking Express

I know I have this somewhere around the house, never actaully bothered to watch it though.

Will have to look around later and give it a watch.

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just watched '23', worst film I've ever seen, I'm going to have to quit smoking so I can get that 1 hour 30 of my life back. The plot seems like it's been written by an 11 year old that thinks they're clever and creative, and the only reason the plot twists are unpredictable is because they don't follow any conventional sense of logic. Of COURSE I'm going to be suprised to find out he's actually the killer if you don't mention the fact that he doesn't remember a huge part of his life until the end of the ****ing film, you stupid twats. This isn't even taking into account all the '23' nonsense. I actually feel cheated out of money and time, even though I just downloaded it.

Is this the one with the clever maths student doing all magical card tricks?

I would agree, awful film.
Quote by RhAndroid
Is this the one with the clever maths student doing all magical card tricks?

I would agree, awful film.

Nah, it's the one about Jim Carey putting on stupid faces even though he's supposed to be acting a serious part, and getting obsessed with the number '23' because it's evil and it kills people.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Just saw District 13, best french film i've seen (only french film i've seen)
Llama

On

Llama
I saw Avatar yesterday, what a terrible film it was. I found the concept very good and the special effects were fantastic, but I could literally guess what was going to happen at the beginning of the film, plus it was three hours long. I tend to see films as I see women, special effects are the beauty and the story is the intelligence, but if there isn't a balance between the two it does not excite me. This film is in the Michael Bay category of forget the story line, look at these explosions!

Anyway, that's enough of that rant. I got the Alfred Hitchcock collection on dvd for christmas, which one of his films should I watch?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Dec 30, 2009,
Quote by I.O.T.M
I saw Avatar yesterday, what a terrible film it was. I found the concept very good and the special effects were fantastic, but I could literally guess what was going to happen at the beginning of the film, plus it was three hours long. I tend to see films as I see women, special effects are the beauty and the story is the intelligence, but if there isn't a balance between the two it does not excite me. This film is in the Michael Bay category of forget the story line, look at these explosions!

Anyway, that's enough of that rant. I got the Alfred Hitchcock collection on dvd for christmas, which one of his films should I watch?
I didn't have high hopes for it, but I will watch it and see for myself.

Quote by rabidguitarist
Nah, it's the one about Jim Carey putting on stupid faces even though he's supposed to be acting a serious part, and getting obsessed with the number '23' because it's evil and it kills people.
I actually enjoyed 23.

Quote by Hames3rd
Just saw District 13, best french film i've seen (only french film i've seen)
Indeed it is. Awesome film, one of the best from 2009, along with Star Trek and The Hurt Locker.
Has anyone seen Taxidermia? I'm itching to see it but I have no idea when it's coming out (if at all in Canada).
Quote by Inimical
Has anyone seen Taxidermia? I'm itching to see it but I have no idea when it's coming out (if at all in Canada).

wasn't it out about 2 or 3 years ago? i've seen it. it's alright.
I saw Avatar today. Best film I've seen in a while, the visuals and music are incredible.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
I saw Avatar today. Best film I've seen in a while, the visuals and music are incredible.
There are hugely mixed opinions on Avatar. I'm hoping to see it soon simply for that reason. The picture wouldn't interest me that much if it weren't so debatable.
I have a ten pound giftcard from HMV, what film/films should I get? I don't like sci-fi, or movies with too many special effects.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S