Page 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_uNkXZgZ8

Watch that to hear a short clip of a new song I have. Let me know what you think!

I should have the finished version up in a bit.

If you let me know what you think of this clip, I will do the same for one of your songs.

Also, SUSCRIBE! and add me on youtube and here if you want, it all helps spread my music
Last edited by muckypup at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Dream Pin
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/538696-what-do-you-think-guitar-sound.html

Here is what people with working sets of ears had to say about this shitfest.
Yes, I am the guy with the clint signature.

you are on your period, it seems

*rubs chin*

oh god, you guys are terrible to him on there.
(remembers to never post on that forum and stay in the delusion of recording halfway decent shit)
Quote by Dream Pin
At least you're honest to yourself about it being a delusion bro.

Muckypup seems to think he is the shit. D:

I mean, I'm PROUD of my stuff, and really like my songs, but I would never go around saying my recordings are kickass when there are people like you and CatharsisStudio running around.

<.<

>.>
you'll have to do a retake.. i couldn't hear the guitar playing with someone running that power sander in the back..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
you'll have to do a retake.. i couldn't hear the guitar playing with someone running that power sander in the back..

Good joke bro

Seriously, this isn't ment to be like really musical and stuff... Just brutal and noisy, which it is!
Quote by KoenDercksen
Good joke bro

Seriously, this isn't ment to be like really musical and stuff... Just brutal and noisy, which it is!

It is a noisy racket, I don't know why all the people on ultimate metal have started being shitheads about it for nothing. I said that it was a ultra scooped racket.
Quote by KoenDercksen
Good joke bro

I listen to noise records and think that noise is 10x more musical than most music.
This is disgusting trash that hurts my ears more than even the most abrasive noise shit.
Quote by muckypup
It is a noisy racket, I don't know why all the people on ultimate metal have started being shitheads about it for nothing. I said that it was a ultra scooped racket.

And you're proud of this? I like noise, I don't like rackets. Something being a racket is generally percieved bo be a bad thing.

And it's not all the people on ultimate metal. It's me and everyone agreeing with me. You know why they're agreeing with me and not you? Because the clip ****ing sucks.
I've said this to you like 20 ****ing times already. There is NOTHING you can say to defend this heap of shit dude. It may have been your intention to make something scooped and noisy and shit, but that doesn't make it good. The best intentions in the world aren't gonna save this man haha
Quote by muckypup
Ultra-heavy ones dude, I was tuned down two steps lower than a stanard tuned 8 string guitar

He's in E#

Noise bands at least attempt to create some sort of atmosphere with their talents, this is just noisy without ANY talent. Theres the difference.
Quote by Beefmo
He's in E#

Noise bands at least attempt to create some sort of atmosphere with their talents, this is just noisy without ANY talent. Theres the difference.

Holy ****, Owen, have I managed to make you see the light? I never thought I'd see you compliment noise
Quote by Dream Pin
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/631208/Final%20Master.mp3

I hate to be arrogant, but **** you man, this mix is tits

But have you ever mixed a band the uses 8 string guitars? and who want a scooped sound?

The guitars sound a bit empty to me on that mix anyway. For brutal breakdowns the sound should be more disgusting like Suicide Silence.
muckypup, it's because you don't listen to what people are telling you. that guitar tone is simply terrible, and you refuse to listen. saying "well it's supposed to sound like that" makes no sense if you're asking for honest feedback, which is what people are giving you. that tone will sound like crap live, in a recorded mix, and on a youtube video.
And I'm not "sucking up" to Dream_Pin, like you said in your PM, I just respect him because he obviously knows what the hell he's talking about, and even though he's being quite the dick about it, he's giving you honest feedback and is just annoyed that you don't listen to him.
Quote by muckypup
Dream Pin, everybody doesn't agree with you because you are an asshole.

There's no denying Gareth's a bit of an asshole, he won't mind me saying this because it's part of his style, but he's the one asshole you want to listen to, he usually will only tear you apart if you display a large amount of arrogance and ignorance, both of which you have demonstrated here and on Ultimate Metal. I always rely on constructive criticism from him because as an AE he knows his shit, he's a great engineer and a great guy to be on good terms with if you actually want to improve, not blatantly ignore and patronise.

All you do is rip other peoples stuff to shreds, giving out crap advice when you can't actually do anything worth listening to yourself.

This is a load of bullshit, he uses his damn ears and puts his talents to good use, unlike you, who seem to have followed the beginner guitarist "scoop the mids till there's **** all tone left worth listening to", other really amateur mistakes like this include going "overkill on the gain till its fuzzy shit" and "cranking the treble because guitar is high and bass is low". Seriously, how about using your fecking ears.
Funnily enough muckypup, I put the guitars pretty far back in the mix because that track is all about the rhythm section. It was a creative choice.

No, I have never mixed a band that uses 8 strings, but I'm sure I could do a damn fine job of it. I know a few people who have 8 strings. I'll talk to them and get them to record some DI's for me so I can do a mix with them.
I have however mixed stuff where people want scooped sounds. Funnily enough my mixes usually do have quite scooped guitars. It's just not scooped so much that it sounds like absolute shit. I learnt that there's a happy medium about 2 years ago man, it's about time you did the same.

Look, the fact of the matter is Muckypup. I may be a complete and utter ****. I may be the hugest asshole in the world, but you earned it. I'm just being frank.
I'm a pretty decent guy, like beefmo said. If you get on my good side then it's all cool. It's not hard to get on my good side, just don't rape my ears and don't pretend you're the shit when you're a small fish.
Hell, I'm still nothing compared to a lot of the guys on sneap forum, I know my ****ing place, and I follow the advice of those more professional and experienced than myself.
But my mixes are at the point where I think they would fit in on a metal radio station FAIRLY well. They're not gonna hold up to an Andy Sneap mix, but I think they'd hold their own. I'm not being arrogant, I'm being honest. I continuinally push myself to make my mixes better. I don't see you doing a damn thing to improve. Instead you just defend shoddy work as though you know what you're talking about more than I do, which just isn't true. Again, not arrogant, just honesty.

And I don't bitch Corey out for using DFH or whatever the **** it is he uses because he's not an arrogant little twat who thinks the sun shines out of his arse because he can record a demo.
Mucky your recordings are barely demo quality, yet you seem to think that you're the shit when I've proved to everyone else but you time and time again that you aren't.
You can quit this facade now, pay attention to my advice and have the quality of your recordings ****ing skyrocket, or you can carry on and never ever improve. It's your choice man, because I'm quite content to just continually bitch you out until the end times.
I will admit that the guitar sound was disgusting and vile, I meant for it to be. But I don't agree that the song is rubbish, you have only heard a few seconds of it, you should hear the complete version with polished vocals and solos before making your mind up. But the sound was a bit too scooped, it could have done with a bit more mids.
Quote by muckypup
I will admit that the guitar sound was disgusting and vile, I meant for it to be. But I don't agree that the song is rubbish

Lies
No, saying "i meant it to be disgusting and vile" doesn't make it okay that it is.

Look man, check like say
Cryptopsy - None So Vile, it sounds ****ing horrible, but it works. There's this kind of dirty production where you can still hear what's being played, but it just sounds, well, dirty. Dirty doesn't immediately mean "shit." Dirty means dirty, and dirty is good. Shit means shit, and this is shit. Admit it's shit.

The song ****ing sucks. You're an amateur songwriter. We all started somewhere, and that's fine. It's also fine to be proud of a song you've slaved over. We all have the right to feel proud of our handiwork. What is not fine is for an amateur songwriter to walk around acting like he is the shit. I can't WRITE music for shit either, but do you see me going around like I'm some sort of genius? Nah man. I believe I have a knack for producing and refining songs and arranging them well, but writing them isn't my forté. Nor is it yours right now.

"the sound was a bit too scooped, it could have done with a bit more mids" is not what I am looking for. You're just quoting what I've been telling you for the past week.
Quote by muckypup
Ok, you are right. But I have never said that anything of mine was the shit, in fact, most of my stuff is shit

Hard work, honesty to yourself and other people and ability to take criticism are the three most important things a musician can have. Don't let this daunt you if you are serious about music, just practice harder and come back better.
Hey i liked it. then again im a metal fan so i guess im the only one who actually tried to listen where everyone else said "thats not a stratocaster **** this" when you tune low your instrument becomes more of a percussion istrument meaning its all about the rhythm your playing and not so much about individual notes. its good but id like to hear the rest of the song.

you should check out my song and let me know what you think. its not as heavy but i think you could apreciate it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225584
Page 1 of 2