Page 1 of 3
These are for some local, and interstate shops. I think some might be for a couple internationals too, but we'll have to wait and see.

All different specs, but the basics are:
Rock Maple necks, mostly Rosewood boards, and mostly Alder bodies. Some Floyd Roses in there, and all our own pickups of course.

12 neck blanks... require surface planing

done

this one didnt meet the spec. I think the glue line was a bit too noticable. Either way, it won't make it!!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Like I said, mostly the bodies will be Alder. This one is Tasmanian Blackwood though...

And this one is a wild Swamp Ash

Headstock venners added. Some of these necks are for the Customs, three I think. That leaves eight for Standards.

Split the eight into two groups of four to make them easier to handle

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Boards glued down. These guitars are built using pretty standard templates. More than Id usually use. Id normally taper only the fretboard, then carve the taper into the neck later. These ones are all pre-tapered, then glued together. Have to think of ways to speed up SOME of the production, as these are mostly sold through stores.

White Mother Of Pearl dots being inlaid

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Nice... I just enjoy watching things develop regardless....
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Ive got a new assistant, Jesse. He's helping out with production on some of the guitars. Mainly grunt work at this stage... roughing out of necks, preparing fretboards for frets, etc etc. Gives us a higher production, but I can still work on all the detailed work that makes the difference between a good guitars and an awesome one

Some of the headstocks close up. I like this photo

fretted

Jesse rough carved these the other day. I'll shave them to the final shape I like next week.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by solomon684
What is the headstock veneer? It looks really nice

It's either Ebony or black fiber.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ormsby guitars
neither. its died veneer.

Could you give some more insight into what that is?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Its veneer that has been dyed. Not sure what else to tell you... oh, i see...haha typo died.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
*stickyed*

also, are they gonna be diff colours, ect?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
When? When he said he'd buy a quantity of guitars that gave me the financial freedom to ramp up production a bit, rather than rely on repair work as the main source of income. Id rather build guitars than fix cheap nylon string crappy guitars.

Me selling to Ed doesn't change anything for my clients. He's the exclusive dealer only because there isn't another dealer Im interested in at the moment. Id rather have one in four countries, than four in one country. Know what I mean?

I still have full control over what I build, and what he gets. Nothing has changed, nor will it.

--

Yup, these will be all sorts of colours. Havent decided exactly yet, will work that out later...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Awsome!!!!!!!!!!
*gotzguitarskillz* Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

GUITARS

Ibanez rgr421exfm W/ Evos
Epiphone G-400
Some no name acoustic thats pretty good
i hope one will be neon green

but im sure they will look awesome! !
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
i hope one will be neon green

but im sure they will look awesome! !

Put a deposit down, and i'll make sure its neon green!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
$2240 (eg: oiled body, fixed bridge) - $2940 (eg: 5A exotic top, genuine Floyd Rose) depending on final specs... Most will be at the lower end of that scale... $2390 (eg: solid or metallic finish, fixed bridge)

Gotoh/Ormsby/Floyd hardware, our pickups, etc, same as usual.

Aussie dollars of course.

Depending on your location, you may have to buy through a store, otherwise, you can come direct. Either way you can still choose the specs/colour/woods/frets/pickups/etc.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
This sounds stupidly tempting... I'm gonna leave now, before I spend life savings!
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
man, i would love to buy one, but money is tight. an im looking for a good amp, first...

ohh, and have you ever thought about selling the "defect" parts, as most builders (new ones atleast) wouldent mind much about a visible glue line.. it seems betterthan just throwing it away...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Casually_Spoken
This sounds stupidly tempting... I'm gonna leave now, before I spend life savings!

You think you're the only one here?

I gotta skip the tops section because if this is anything like the last ones, I'll need a new pair of jeans...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by metal-matt
man, i would love to buy one, but money is tight. an im looking for a good amp, first...

ohh, and have you ever thought about selling the "defect" parts, as most builders (new ones atleast) wouldent mind much about a visible glue line.. it seems betterthan just throwing it away...

What happens later on, if someone decides to on sell those 'defective' bits and pieces, on ebay, as "crafted by Ormsby" but without the "these are actually defects". Know what I mean? A couple bucks here or there certainly isn't worth my reputation.

I want this as my reputation:
Kelly Garni talks about his Ormsby Bass

Not some guy buying something with a glue line or a crack that shouldn't be there, etc etc...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by Slicer666
You think you're the only one here?

I gotta skip the tops section because if this is anything like the last ones, I'll need a new pair of jeans...

Single piece Bubinga, Big flame Tasmanian Myrtle, single piece Birdseye and a KILLER flame maple top for these ones

Photos tomorrow or the next day.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
What happens later on, if someone decides to on sell those 'defective' bits and pieces, on ebay, as "crafted by Ormsby" but without the "these are actually defects". Know what I mean? A couple bucks here or there certainly isn't worth my reputation.

Not some guy buying something with a glue line or a crack that shouldn't be there, etc etc...

Pics of said fingernail bass?
Impossible is Nothing
Ed Roman? Wow there goes my respect...

At least the guitars will still be good.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I hate to say this, but your reputation in the states is going to be as an Ed Roman associate.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by ormsby guitars

well, i totaly see what your talking about now.

anyway, any plans for the finishes?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by ormsby guitars

So what was it like holding Randy Rhoads' fingernail?

I'm not even joking, that's so ****ing cool to me (albeit, slightly creepy), Randy's one of my favorite guitarists of all time
Hasnt hurt Jet, Warrior, McInturff, McNaught, J Frog, etc. He is buying my guitars. If you dont like him, dont buy from him. Most of those guys dont deal with Ed any more, but Ive spoken with them, and they have not a single bad thing to say about him or the dealings they had. They all commented about how their business grew with him, and encouraged me to go for it.

If you want a custom, and would rather wait for a guitar to be built (just like you have to now) then deal direct with me (just like you have to now). If you want a guitar already made with no wait, and need it today, then Ed may have one. If you like it, then buy it. Simple really.

Say what you like about Ed, but my business has already grown. It's already getting me more exposure, and more interest in my guitars. If you think that my quality is going to change because of some other guys opinion, then, well, I dont think I need to tell you your wrong. I make the decisions around here as to how I build a guitar, and what level of quality I adhere to. You either like what I do (hopefully) or dont (and buy from someone else). Nothing has changed.

Within a month of agreeing to let Ed take a LIMITED number of guitars (15) over the next 18 months, Ive had two other stores beg me to sign on with them, and distributors in two other countries also. My business, has effectively doubled in size over night. Two months in, Ive got another six stores nationally that want in. None of these guys were interested 12 months ago. It just takes one guy (whoever) to make a decent commitment, and they swarm like flies.

He's shown me a committment with a fist full of dollars, and thats allowing me to do things like the guitars in this very thread, which benefit those guys who want one of my guitars, but cant afford the bling inlays and carved tops etc etc.

Not to mention the contacts Ive made through him, and can now source better more reliably good materials and parts, which all effect how well we can build guitars within a price range. I now dont need to increase prices like planned.

The level of workload we are under now has meant Ive added another assistant, and increased the hours of my first one. At the same time, Ive decreased the number of repairs we take in. Considering we make 'non essentual' items, and there is a global financial crisis supposedly going on, I reckon thats pretty good.

And for the record, Ed is probably only going to be getting Multiscales, so it limits the number of people who'll want something anyway.

How about we get back on topic huh??

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
The Kelly Garni bass will not be discussed until it's revealed in Guitar World. Sorry guys.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by metal-matt
well, i totaly see what your talking about now.

anyway, any plans for the finishes?

Not really, just the usual metallic blue and red, white, black... would love to do something more exciting, but people like to look at those colours, not necessarily buy them...

I'll probably change my mind on the day and you'll end up seeing chrome, neon yellow and pink :P

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
i would love too see these painted every neon colour of the trippy hippy's rainbow, but yeah, i know they wouldent sell....

well, they might...

but yeah.

oh. and where is the left handed one(s)?

hhaha, its funny because im lefthanded, but i play left handed instrements... because there easyer to get, and you dont have to get them custom made...lol
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I was actually going to do a lefty, but then decided at the last minute not to. Maybe I will with the next batch.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Page 1 of 3