I am looking for a new acoustic however I have a question, I like the florentine cutaway (sharp-edge) but all the ones I've seen are electro-acoustic. I am not really ever going to use the electric side of it and so is an electric acoustic the same volume as a straight forward acoustic when it's not plugged in?

Also, can anyone recommend me a good florentine cutaway acoustic for around £300?
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
im pretty sure that the electric acoustic has the same volume as a straight acoustic, my acoustic is electric and it is just as loud as a normal acoustic.
Yeah it's the same
My Gear:
PRS CE 22 Tortoise Shell 2008
Epiphone SG Korina Custom 2004
Gibson Lg-1 Vintage 1965 Acoustic
Marshall AVT 50
The volume is the same, acoustically.

The thing about cutaways is that they usually only come with electronics. It's hard to find a cutaway(nevermind a florentine) guitar without electronics. I dunno... I would just suggest not getting the cutaway. The electronics account for a significant part of the price, so why buy it if you don't use it?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah exactly what I'm thinking but I love the shape of the florentine cutaway and the thing is, I currently just have a no cutaway acoustic and I really find it annoying because I can only really get to the 12th fret before it's a struggle and so I want something with a cutaway however the standard cutaway doesn't look aesthetically nice however I love the florentine. You know any good florentine guitars?

Also, can I run an electric acoustic guitar through a normal electric guitar tube amp like my hughes and kettner 25th anniversary combo?
I was about six there. You don't want to see me go to ten. Get your shit. We're going to my room.
Yes, you can run them through electric guitar amps although it won't sound as great as with an acoustic amp.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
Yes, you can run them through electric guitar amps although it won't sound as great as with an acoustic amp.

Agreed. You want a solid state for acoustic guitars because it doesn't break up as easily.

As for a Florentine cutaway... the only one I can think of is an expensive Taylor and a Stonebridge(which is also over $2000). Not many people offer them.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Check out the Alvarez AD90SCK. It's a sweet acoustic, florentine and all.
solid englemann top, too - i love englemann! a little softer than sitka but better nuances and a little warmer sound. i'm not familiar with dao, although it seems to be found on cheaper guitars, but i did find references to using it for flooring

Quote by LeftyDave
Check out the Alvarez AD90SCK. It's a sweet acoustic, florentine and all.