A little introduction:

I've been thinking about this possibility for quite some time. I want to write a musical. Or an opera. I don't know a lot about it, so this is probably going to take me a good long time. This will be very rough and probably ramble some.

The basic premise is this: I've wondered for a long time what to write a musical about. After all, you can't just write about nothing. Last night in the shower I was thinking about my upbringing, and one topic that came up was religion. That led to this idea: I'm writing a musical about jesus.

I realize that it's been done before, but this is going to be a reinterpretation. It's not going to be set in 0th century Jerusalem. It's going to be set in a modern day city, probably at a college.

The most important thing to note is that this isn't meant to be offensive, nor is it meant to be a statement on the "right religion." I'm an atheist, but I believe that Jesus was a cool guy with a great message, and that that message need not be associated with religion.

Now, if it's not against the rules (it doesn't seem to be), I'm going to reserve some posts in case I run out of room.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Oct 27, 2009,