can anybody suggest me some good gothic metal to add to my collection
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Amorphis' later stuff
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Diabolique - Wedding the Grotesque

That's about it for my collection.
Type O Negative for the obvious win
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

draconian, more of a gothic doom band but there hella good
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
The Gathering - Home

think Katatonia but with chick singer and more electronica.

My Dying Bride should be in here no?
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by The Kreator
(Invalid img)

Please shut up. People are allowed to have different tastes.

OP Virgin Black are amazing... I suggest you check them out.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
i dunno slipnot is pretty gothic. i there stuf in hot topic all the tiem.

maggot 4 lief

I am me. Live with it.
My Dying Bride-Turn Loose the Swans
Type O Negative-Bloody Kisses
Anathema-Silent Enigma
Tiamat-Wildhoney
Paradise Lost-Gothic
Lord Vampyr- De Vampyrica Phlosipha(Black/Goth)
Quote by progbass
The Gathering - Home

think Katatonia but with chick singer and more electronica.

My Dying Bride should be in here no?

gothic and doom are pretty different bro...
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Paradise Lost, I'd say.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Blackritual0
gothic and doom are pretty different bro...

...You do. Know gothic metal is derrived from death/doom right?
Quote by DeAd-RiP

i second that

Quote by true_bacon22
...You do. Know gothic metal is derrived from death/doom right?

how about no theyre not? maaayyybe theyre derived from Gothic music? i mean, doom and gothic do tend to cross genre borders. Type O Negative are always mixing the two. but theyre two completely different things.

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Last edited by Absinthe750mL at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Absinthe750mL
how about no theyre not? maaayyybe theyre derived from Gothic music? i mean, doom and gothic do tend to cross genre borders. Type O Negative are always mixing the two. but theyre two completely different things.

+1
If I stay too quiet
Death cold air is moving

ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Try some of the finnish bands like Eternal Tear of Sorrow, Kalmah, and Amorphis. Also-and some people might disagree with me on this, but Nightwish has a pretty gothic sound and so do Sonata Arctica's two newest albums, especially The Days of Grays.
Quote by althebold711
Try some of the finnish bands like Eternal Tear of Sorrow, Kalmah, and Amorphis. Also-and some people might disagree with me on this, but Nightwish has a pretty gothic sound and so do Sonata Arctica's two newest albums, especially The Days of Grays.

I wouldn't say EToS are gothic metal. Kalmah are definitely not. Amorphis blurs a lot of lines but I don't know if gothic is one they've crossed.

And I wouldn't say the new SA stuff has a gothic sound either. Maybe they'll take a little influence, but I don't think it's enough.

Just saying.
yeah i always hear that Amorphis is gothic, but im not sure if i agree with this. theyre...i dunno...unique.

Nightwish has its gothy moments. but overall, i wouldnt say that they are a gothic metal band. theyre a straight up symphonic power metal band

Quote by Absinthe750mL
i second that

The only element from gothic rock is the keyboards and atmosphere. Are you seriously going to try and tell me that my dying bride or anathema or katatonia have no doom influence? Like, really? Lest your talking about that watered down, pussy night wish, lacuna coil bull shit which is about as goth as Paris Hilton, there is a substantial amount of doom influence in goth metal. Obviously it's not exactly the same, but they are related. Do some reasearch maybe...
Last edited by true_bacon22 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by true_bacon22
The only element from gothic rock is the keyboards and atmosphere. Are you seriously going to try and tell me that my dying bride or anathema or katatonia have no doom influence? Like, really? Lest your talking about that watered down, pussy night wish, lacuna coil bull shit which is about as goth as Paris Hilton, there is a substantial amount of doom influence in goth metal. Obviously it's not exactly the same, but they are related. Do some reasearch maybe...

take ur own advice, sir. Gothic music + Metal = Gothic Metal. google gothic music, i dare you

i already said that Doom and Goth tend to mix together. its right there in the paragraph you quoted from me. way to be a genius, congratulations to you.

Quote by Absinthe750mL

Doom derived from what?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Absinthe750mL
take ur own advice, sir. Gothic music + Metal = Gothic Metal. google gothic music, i dare you

i already said that Doom and Goth tend to mix together. its right there in the paragraph you quoted from me. way to be a genius, congratulations to you.

I'll be hallowed if this isn't one of the silliest, most pretentious posts I've seen in a while.

You have no idea what you're blathering about, do you?
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Absinthe750mL
yeah i always hear that Amorphis is gothic, but im not sure if i agree with this. theyre...i dunno...unique.

Nightwish has its gothy moments. but overall, i wouldnt say that they are a gothic metal band. theyre a straight up symphonic power metal band

Amorphis had a few doom albums, but not gothic.

Btw, anyone know what Moonspell are? I've heard them described as gothic metal. Their last album, at least.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
Artrosis' Hidden Dimension and Lacrimosa's Elodia > your families/ = gothic metal win, gogogogogo

this >.>
Quote by Absinthe750mL

They're a part of the same family you fool, gothic metal is death/doom +goth keyboards and atmosphere. Several people here are already pointing to you having no idea what you're talking about. Do you even listen to any gothic metal? If so, list some. And while were using unreliable sources as proof, why don't you wiki gothic metal and check what it says the stylistic origins are...