Ive got a marshall DSL401 and whenever i switch it on i get like a crackling noise even with my guitar volume off

any ideas?
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
loose wire perhaps??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Sounds like a bad preamp tube in the V1 spot.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Ive had a look and one of the valves is breaking down , however , it is a EC83 , two of the valves are EC83 and the others are 12AX7's , is that doing any harm? (i bought this 2nd hand and never bothered to check the tubes)
Epiphone LP Standard
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
What do you mean one of the valves is breaking down?

Is it extremely bright? Lit up?

ECC83 is the European way of saying 12AX7. They are the same thing. Just like valve and tube. Yes, that sounds normal as far as what you have. Get a new ECC83/12AX7 and swap it out through all the preamp tubes until you find the culprit. Like Van Noord said, it is probably V1 which should be your first preamp tube closest to the insert jack.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What do you mean one of the valves is breaking down?

Is it extremely bright? Lit up?

ECC83 is the European way of saying 12AX7. They are the same thing. Just like valve and tube. Yes, that sounds normal as far as what you have. Get a new ECC83/12AX7 and swap it out through all the preamp tubes until you find the culprit. Like Van Noord said, it is probably V1 which should be your first preamp tube closest to the insert jack.

Well ive tapped all of them and its the 2nd one from the left thats doing it , and its breaking down as in its not fully broken yet but best to change it now
Epiphone LP Standard
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo