and i didn't want to look through 216 pages of "name that chord" or whatever, only not to find it. it's simple and is used in a lot of mathcore like daughters, but i've never seen a name for it. it looks like

|---|
|-9-|
|---|
|-7-|
|---|
|---|

it's kind of like an octave chord except the high note is a half step down.
its not a chord, its simply a harmonic major 7th....or an inverted harmonic minor 2nd, depending on how you look at it. minor seconds are very dissonant and mathcore does use em a lot.
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

You can think of it more like a diad than a chord. The A is the root and the higher G# is a major 7th (if the higher pitched note was one semitone lower than the root I believe it would be considered a minor 2nd... not 100% on that one).

They are one chromatic semitone apart which, when played together, sound like that pulling at each other and creates a lot of dissonance.
the proper music term for 2 notes played simultaneously is a diad, 3 or more notes is a chord. just an fyi for the folks who didnt know.
Its a beautiful chord

Especiallly like this
|-9-|
|-9-|
|-9-|
|-7-|
|---|
|---|

Or this
|-5-|
|-7-|
|-6-|
|-7-|
|-5-|
|---|
sup, my name is abe
Quote by 12345abcd3
It's not actually a chord, as chords have to have at least three notes, instead it is an interval - a major 7th.

It's a dyad actually.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
Quote by 7even
It's a dyad actually.

So you're saying that it's not an interval?

A "dyad" isn't even a correct musical term. It is a major 7th interval.
Quote by huevos
You're not a genre.

LOL. When I read his post, this is EXACTLY what I thought about posting.
i don't know why i feel so dry