I have an old analog Tascam Porta02 mkII four track recorder. I don't have the user's manual or anything, it was a second hand reception. I like it, it's good to get things recorded with.
I've been trying to figure out how to double track. I know how but when I do it and go to play it back on my stereo, only one track shows up. Their is silence in the other speaker and the second track comes through the other speaker only after the other track stops playing. When I do playback on the Tascam it shows up fine! Good double tracking, Beatle-esque!
I'm recording the vocal on tracks 1 and 3. So, when I play it back on my stereo track 1 will play, then the double track, track 3 will play when that's done.
I don't know why it's doing this because this means no one else can hear my work unless they happen to have the same Tascam to play it back on.
Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.
you have to mix it down to 2 tracks for it to work on a stereo. A mixing desk would probably be useful.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
you have to mix it down to 2 tracks for it to work on a stereo. A mixing desk would probably be useful.

Thanks. But I still don't get it. There are four tracks, why are their four then. And if I get a mixing desk all four tracks will be there but just on two tracks?
Ok, mixing desks are a shit ton of money. There's no way I can make a recording with this recorder then?