Looking for an amp in the $300-400 range, im wanting to get a close tone to bands like All that remains, As i lay dying, Sonic syndicate, Killswitch engage, but i als owanna switch over to pink floyd and alternative stuff like red hot chili peppers etc... any ideas?
That's quite a wide range that you're looking to get out of one amp.

Honestly, your best bet would be a modeling amp if you need to have one amp that can cover many genres. However modeling amps may sound good but will never be 100% perfect.

You can look into the Peavey Vypyr, Line 6 Spider Valve, Vox VT series, Roland Cube series ETC.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Or to continue down the modeling route, Line 6 Vetta. I think MatrixClaw (a user here) is selling one for a great price.

Or you could get a good high gainer and an OD for the mid-gain stuff. Check out a B-52 AT112 and a Bad Monkey OD. Good for metal on a budget....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Or to continue down the modeling route, Line 6 Vetta. I think MatrixClaw (a user here) is selling one for a great price.

Or you could get a good high gainer and an OD for the mid-gain stuff. Check out a B-52 AT112 and a Bad Monkey OD. Good for metal on a budget....

MatrixClaw has been trying to get people to buy things for ages...
But yeah, that's a good amp, if it's still for sale, try to grab it off him.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Yea, I know it was sort of a shameless plug for ol' Derek, but you know, if the glove fits, you must acquit...

Wait, that was for OJ... But for real, shoot him a PM and ask about it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think im going to settle on the line 6 pod series, ive got a good comp/sound card and speakers so i think ill be able to get lots of variety even more than modeling amps but while still being able to get a good tone at below $400