Page 1 of 2
I wanna listen to more metal but all band people say check out just scream and i hate that, the metal i like is metallica, BFMV trivium stuff and i hate ppeople who just scream a whole song like lamb of god. Does anyone know any bands i should check out?
Slipknot dont scream as much, they tend to shout a bit- they are my fav band
iron maiden
black sabbath
megadeth

I few bands that are legends and dont scream
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

RAGEDIT: ^ You gotta be kidding me...
Dio, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Helloween etc. etc. etc.
Last edited by KreatorRage at Oct 27, 2009,
Open you mind. That's a better solution. Oh, and BFMV and Trivium are not metal. But if you want a serious suggestion, Dream Theater. If you want my personal suggestion, Suffocation. They make ears bleed
megadeth is someone i need to check out, of corse i like sabbath i cant believe i left them out :P
as for iron maden i dunno i just never got them, i guess i just hate their tone

Quote by freedomdeceptiv
Open you mind. That's a better solution. Oh, and BFMV and Trivium are not metal. But if you want a serious suggestion, Dream Theater. If you want my personal suggestion, Suffocation. They make ears bleed

how are they not?
Nightwish? Thats more operatic i suppose

try tarja turunen's My Winter Storm ablum, thats amazing
Check the 80's!

Seriously.

If you have spotify, put the radio on 80's and select heavy metal and you'll get some good stuff.

If you however dislike 80's stuff, try something newer such as Opeth.
Quote by dfinch10
i second this. condition your ears to appreciate real metal.

real metal in your opion
To everyone here suggesting 'real' metal: please grow up. Noone here is advising you to listen to Lil' Wayne or the Pussycat Dolls either, right.... thanks
Quote by Tedis1111
real metal in your opion

Opion ruined my family.

None So Vile is one of the best death metal albums of all time. Learn to like the 'screaming', do yourself a favour.

Nevermore.

Quote by basilbrush
To everyone here suggesting 'real' metal: please grow up. Noone here is advising you to listen to Lil' Wayne or the Pussycat Dolls either, right.... thanks

Did you miss that this is in the metal forum? What else did you expect, exactly?
Quote by diminishedtobme
Cynic on "Traced in Air"

Took the words out of my keyboard.

EDIT: To whoever said BFMV and Trivium aren't metal, you are spectacularly retarded. Trivium for example - Ember and Ascendency were metalcore, Crusade was (fairly sub-par) thrash, and Shogun was a magnificent metal album.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Oct 27, 2009,
^^Probably not the best song to show someone who doesn't like screaming, as it starts with a massive growl
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by webbtje

Did you miss that this is in the metal forum? What else did you expect, exactly?

Metal is more than just Death Metal. Noone can deny bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica or Megadeth to be metal, yet they sound nothing like bands such as cryptopsy or cannibal corpse. Just respect that other people like the other spectrum of your favorite genre. There is no good or bad taste
I enjoy Five finger death punch, they are a pretty new metal band and are quite awsome!
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

Quote by basilbrush
Metal is more than just Death Metal. Noone can deny bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica or Megadeth to be metal, yet they sound nothing like bands such as cryptopsy or cannibal corpse. Just respect that other people like the other spectrum of your favorite genre. There is no good or bad taste

All the bands you just mentioned are all metal. The bands in "question" are trivium, bullet for my valentine, and any other metalcore band.
Quote by basilbrush
Noone can deny bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica or Megadeth to be metal, yet they sound nothing like bands such as cryptopsy or cannibal corpse. Just respect that other people like the other spectrum of your favorite genre. There is no good or bad taste

When did anyone claim Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth aren't metal, exactly? Spare us the respect speech by the way. We've all heard it before.

Quote by basilbrush
Metal is more than just Death Metal.

Poser.
Last edited by webbtje at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by freedomdeceptiv
Open you mind. Oh, and BFMV and Trivium are not metal.

Lollllll
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Keth
Ok TS, in all seriousness, I doubt that you'll like Cynic, but if you're openminded, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhVLykF3nU

You, my friend, get mad love

Oh and check out some old stuff: like Van Halen and Racer X.

more bands eh?

some Opeth songs (but Mike's growls make men get hardcore erections, so beware)
Symphony X
Helloween
Iron Maiden
Dream Theater
Judas Priest (well technically Rob does scream, but don't be a wuss and check em out)
UFO
Scorpions
Helmet (big questionmark)
Dokken
Whitesnake
Motorhead
Steel Panther (I sheet you not)
Cacophony (I don't really know fo sho' if they have vocals though.. memory doesn't serve me well)
NAOTO PROJECT storm rider
Galneryus
Sex Machineguns (shame on you guys)
X-Japan

Enough to get you started?

Oh and trivium (I'm guessing you like ascendancy and crusade?) and BFMV are metal influenced, not metal (They fit under the hardcore section, if you want stuff like them you should ask for advice there, though I would advice Killswitch Engage and Parkway Drive.... )

Quote by james2610
I enjoy Five finger death punch, they are a pretty new metal band and are quite awsome!

Hate to break it to you...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Oct 27, 2009,
MANOWAR WILL SHAKE THE VERY EARTH YOU WALK UPON, PUNY MORTAL..

And besides, nearly ALL NWOBHM and Power Metal uses clean vocals. It's not hard to find. Unless it's that teenage-trendy bullshit you're after, then.. I don't know. Check some men with eyeliner.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
please just because i dont like death metal does mean i dont like 'real' metal it means we have different opinions so grow up
Quote by dfinch10
you have much to learn young one.
the answer to all your questions: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474076

Hey genius, looks like you have much to learn about reading comprehension
All opinions aside, on UG the powers that be have deemed that Metalcore is to be discussed in the hardcore forum to ease congestion in this forum
Nowhere does it say that metalcore isn't metal. It just says that metalcore is to be discussed in the hardcore forum because this forum is too crowded.

(Invalid img)

EDIT: For TS, you should check out Megadeth, All That Remains (you may like em if you like BFMV/Trivium), Dream Theatre, Novembers Doom, Symphony X, and some Opeth
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by Tedis1111
please just because i dont like death metal does mean i dont like 'real' metal it means we have different opinions so grow up

You make me cry of laughter What you stated as 'real' metal Trivium and BFMV are metalcore (at least trivium was up until shogun).

But yes, I gave you quite a list of good metal bands which don't/hardly scream (and the proper term would be grunt/growl).

If you don't like those, then I think it's time to grow up and learn to find bands yourself like the most of us do the internet is a very good source y'know
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Shogun is a fantastic record, and so is ascendancy.

I'd definately look up All That Remains, maybe some Sylosis. Both scream, but they're what you're used to.
Scald
Solstice
Blood Farmers
Manilla road
Cirith ungol
Exodus

Your welcome
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by CG Man16
Scald
Solstice
Blood Farmers
Manilla road
Cirith ungol
Exodus

Your welcome

This plus:

Candlemass
Judas Priest
Electric Wizard