I went up to guitar center to order a DPDT Stomp switch and they told me it was 25 dollars. I basically told them to go to hell. Are they seriously that much??
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
I went up to guitar center to order a DPDT Stomp switch and they told me it was 25 dollars. I basically told them to go to hell. Are they seriously that much??
Some are more, some are much less.

Try shopping at an electronics store for your electronics needs.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Some are more, some are much less.

Try shopping at an electronics store for your electronics needs.

I do. I got all my capacitors, transistors and all of those items at my electronics store, but he didn't have any switches, and told me guitar center may have some.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fly135

Have you personally ordered from them? I hate ordering of the internet for fear of fraudulent websites.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
+1 more to PPP.

I've ordered at least a dozen times from them.

Only hiccup has been extra parts now and then on larger orders. Fine with me!
Quote by fender4482
You shouldn't have said that.

... you should have told them to ram that $25 switch where the sun don't shine.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Is it packaged like many guitar parts are where its hanging on a display, sold individually in a blister pack? Sold like that they suddenly become much more expensive as its "musical equipment" vs the same switch sold out of a bin at an electronics place. And there are many who would walk in and say oh thats what they cost ok give me one.

Places like pedal parts plus and small bear are fine to work with. A place like mouser many times you can get a better price but you do have to know what your looking for, vs PPP where they only sell parts that you would use in pedals. But PPP selection can be very limited.
Quote by fender4482
Have you personally ordered from them? I hate ordering of the internet for fear of fraudulent websites.
Several times. The parts for this including the painted enclosure came from PPP.

+3 for Small Bear. Great site run by a great guy.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I buy from small bear, pedalpartsplus, mouser, futurlec and effectsconnection.

effectsconnection has the lowest price on that part... $1.75
I've ordered from smallbear, and there was a bit of a hiccup with shipping, but it got all sorted out.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
$25 is at least 6 times overpriced!

On a side note though. It was rather rude of you to tell the retail assistant to "go to hell". He was not responsible for setting the price, Guitar Center was. The poor dude is there to tell you of the price that Guitar Center sets for their DPDT switches.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.