I currently own an Ibanez artcore axd 82. and a Crate flexwave amp (It sounds allright to be honest).

Anyways, I am about to start college next year and I hope to take lots of music classes that revolve around a guitar and I would like a pretty good one. Here is the criteria.

Price Range: 1300-2000 American Dollars.

Sound: I like indie rock, which is very wide. I want to be able to load it with effects, I enjoy Jazz and blues tone. I really don't play metal or anything like that or feel the need to. I was thinking more single coil.

Here is what I was thinking: Fender Jazzmaster, I decided kinda against it because fender's quality has been going downhill since the 90's.

G and L Asat. I do love teledesigns.

Rickenbacker, 360/6 I am nervous if it is only good for a jim-jangle. haha.

And then a Grestch duo jet.

I really don't want to get a LP or a strat thanks for you time and if you read all this you might as well comment. At least call me a jerk or something.
I would go with G&L but I love Teles more than anything.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by dunkintate
u can get a great PRS at that price or an ibanez jem

Hey thanks for responding. I am pretty sure I am out of the Ibanez game let me check on the PRS.... not sure if I am a fan or not I remember they looked kinda bubbly but still cool imput.
how about something like a suhr or another kind of custom shop guitar? you should be able to get some decent used ones for $1300!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Eskil Rask
how about something like a suhr or another kind of custom shop guitar? you should be able to get some decent used ones for $1300!

This is such a bad responce to that I was looking at wormoth and I have no idea how to order them.... lol but I will check into that to never really heard of suhr before cool thank you!
I agree on fender's quality control, that's why you must always try before you buy.
I haven't (to date) played a jazzmaster that i enjoyed. What about an ES-335? Should be able to find one second hand in that price bracket.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
have u looked at jackson soloists, wait u should consider carvin they run awesome deals and i believe u can customize just about anything when ur ordering heres the link http://www.carvinguitars.com/
Last edited by dunkintate at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by R.D
I agree on fender's quality control, that's why you must always try before you buy.
I haven't (to date) played a jazzmaster that i enjoyed. What about an ES-335? Should be able to find one second hand in that price bracket.

where I am from finding good second hand guitars is hard and I agree... I always try before buying, but I was just getting some ideas.
The G and L is a great guitar much better than a Fender in that price range IMO. The Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic Tele is an exceptional guitar but it's about 2100. I think you will have a hard time finding a Suhr for this price. See if you can find any Gadow dealers in your area they are really nice and somewhat cheaper. Carvins are excellent choices as well.
Quote by fretz86
The G and L is a great guitar much better than a Fender in that price range IMO. The Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic Tele is an exceptional guitar but it's about 2100. I think you will have a hard time finding a Suhr for this price. See if you can find any Gadow dealers in your area they are really nice and somewhat cheaper. Carvins are excellent choices as well.

Gadow and Carvin really not my thing... I would love to get a G and L i just wish they made a jazzmaster body.
You're gonna use a $2000 guitar on a $300 amp?

Am I the only one thinking it should be the other way around?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by aradroxar
You're gonna use a $2000 guitar on a $300 amp?

Am I the only one thinking it should be the other way around?

Yeah it's gonna be such a cliche response but heck definitely split that budget up between an amp and guitar mate. You could get a Carvin customised to your option and sell your crate amp and buy a new clean amp and a multi effects unit.
Quote by Officerat
This is such a bad responce to that I was looking at wormoth and I have no idea how to order them.... lol but I will check into that to never really heard of suhr before cool thank you!

lol with warmoth you dont order guitars, they dont make pre-built guitars.

you order the parts and put them together yourself. a custom guitar shop is more along the lines of carvin, suhr, etc.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Officerat
Gadow and Carvin really not my thing... I would love to get a G and L i just wish they made a jazzmaster body.

Have you ever looked at the Grosch Electrajet, has a Jazzmaster vibe and they are really great guitars. http://www.groshguitars.com/products/electrajet/electrajet_s.htm
If you want to buy or hear some sample tones check here: http://www.fatsoundguitars.com/store/electric-guitars/don-grosh/don-grosh-electric-guitars.php
Last edited by fretz86 at Oct 28, 2009,