Hey, I have a rather frustrating problem here. Been craving for a Gibson ES-335 for a long time now and finally have enough for one. Fell in love with the black Satin finish one as soon as I saw it. Found a really cheap online store that actually ships to my country (Sweden), it's called Thomann. The thing is, on their site they have a guitar the looks exactly like the satin finish. Here, compare for yourself:

Guitar Center; http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Custom-ES-335-Satin-Finish-Electric-Guitar-158542-i1149623.gc

Thomann; http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_bdb_AR_111488.html?image=0

Judge for yourself, but I think these two are the same guitar. Here comes the problem, on Thomann's site, it says that this guitar is a GIBSON ES335 DOT REISSUE TBK. A satin-finish guitar would most likely be labeled Satin like any other online store, but on this one it just says that its a regular Gibson Es-335 reissue with a TBK finish (The TBK stands for translucent black). While searching on the net, I found this guitar;

http://www.firstqualitymusic.com/images/product/2992/P_2992_L00.jpg.

And this is supposedly also a TBK model. I'm extremely afraid of ordering what looks like the Satin finish guitar and receiving this other guitar. I just find the see-through finish horrible. If it turns out, after ordering it, that it is not the Satin finish guitar but the see-through one I'll just ship it back. But, like anybody else, I wouldn't want to that. I would just like you guys to give me your opinion on this; if it is a wrongly labeled Satin finish guitar or if it is in fact the see-through guitar, or something else that I've missed out on Thanks!
Last edited by marcusengwall at Oct 27, 2009,
Just e-mail Thomann. I've seen lots of pictures on their website not match the description.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i'd go for the guitar center one, better safe than sorry
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
i'd go for the guitar center one, better safe than sorry

They don't ship to Sweden
It's just the Stock Standard picture gibson will give to all their online dealers.

you should be able to specify in the options which finish you want on it.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Skierinanutshel
do you have the option of going to a store and picking it up so you can see it before you put money down?

Naah, the only stores they have are in Germany..
wow you are lucky to have guitar center where you live...the cheapest an es335 is in canada is $3200
Quote by R.D
It's just the Stock Standard picture gibson will give to all their online dealers.

you should be able to specify in the options which finish you want on it.

Do you mean the ones on Thomann? I'm pretty sure that Guitar Center pictures are the same as on all the other sites I've seen. But I've never seen the same pictures as Thomann on any other site..so I doubt they're the pictures from Gibson
The two guitars listed are indeed different. America got the guitar re-issued as the 'Custom satin' and their finishes are solid; Europe got the guitar re-issued as a Reissue model and our satin finishes are both semi-transparent.

Nowt you can do about it. You could find someone in America to buy the guitar for you and ship it over (no American store will do it directly), but then you'l be paying a fortune on shipping and import.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.