Just looking for some input, Looking for best Metal tone. Bands like Abigail Williams, Black Dahlia, Job 4. Not pantera/metallica.

So with that being said Im very interested in Orange, and Vader. But have also heard some buz about Ear Candy? and Engl. Even a Marshall 1960 for price sake.

Now the Orange, Vader and 1960 are all loaded with V30 right????

Vaders are oversized, what benefits does this create? What would be some differences in these cabs?

Who will crush the competitors???

Any other suggestions not listed will be welcome, and I did check the metal thread, and saw the cabs, but alot of them didnt have sound clip options.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Last edited by maddnotez at Oct 27, 2009,
I ****ING LOVE ORANGE CABS! I love playing on them as much as I can. I want one really bad.

But to take an unbiased view, I've heard great things about the Vader and Mesa Boogie cabs for metal. An Avatar will pretty much do anything, as long as you put the right speakers in (depending on the amp). Last time I checked Ear Candy didn't make a 412.

And don't get the 1960. It's loads of meh.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Also consider a used Mills Acoustics cabinet.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i would not recommend an oversized cab. they may have bigger low end but they can get very "woofy" especially the oversized mesa. as long as you EQ your amp correctly, I dont really see the need for an oversized cab.

and 1960s are not "meh" as long as you get one with the right speakers. If you can find one with original vintage 30s or g12-65s you will be able to add so much character to your tone. don't buy a new one though.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Last edited by pmeg568c at Oct 27, 2009,
I believe Vaders are loaded with Eminence speakers?
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
I believe Vaders are loaded with Eminence speakers?

yea i think they are now that you mention it, the Legends?

have you ever played through one. Closest ive heard was a youtube vid, from some guy who had an amazing tone.
my friend plays a vader cabinet with a peavey jsx. i tihnk they speakers they use are eminence p50e's or something like that just made for vader. I would hope they wouldn't use legends, those are the cheaper eminences.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Vaders are apparently great live, but don't record very well.

I'd go with Ear Candy, but whatever you do, don't try placing an order for one; get it used.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
they are legend custom in the vader. and i peronally would choose the vader, i owned one, and it was great for pretty much everything, not only metal.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
http://www.vadercabinets.com/

they are indeed the Legends. But they are "custom built"Legends

they describe this as a great cab, but what company wouldnt.

Just looking for a comparison between this and orange mainly.

I know what v 30 sound like, and i love the sound...I have 1 in my cab and plan to get all 4 30's.

But would an Orange cab and my Rivera cab really have that much of a difference with the same speakers?

I know different wood and al that jazz. I just dont have much exp. with alot of different cabs first hand
the speaker is the most important part of a speaker cabinet
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
you have some pretty nice speakers at your disposal. why not buy a really nice empty cab, and buy 1 or 2 more speakers and try some combinations of the stuff you have already. contrary to popular opinion you CAN use greenbacks for metal as long as you have a way to tighten up your low end.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
If you're thinking of going with an Orange, you may as well get an Avatar Contemporary. They're the same except that the Avatar doesn't have corner studs/supports.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by pmeg568c
you have some pretty nice speakers at your disposal. why not buy a really nice empty cab, and buy 1 or 2 more speakers and try some combinations of the stuff you have already. contrary to popular opinion you CAN use greenbacks for metal as long as you have a way to tighten up your low end.

Yea thats good advice, what cabs would you recommend?

As I whole what I have now sounds pretty damn good. Just looking to always improve and getting it very damn good.

The downside, when recording the V30 is the only speaker that sounds good to me seperated and mic'd. The G's sound horrible imo, but again all together it sounds alright.

Also to the guy who mentioned Ear Candy, what makes those cabs good?

I saw some pics on the site, they look like some homemade cabs. I know kse used them at some point and they have a pretty good tone.
seriously. buy an unloaded mills acoustics
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
dont waste your money on a mills acoustic. just buy an avatar contemporary cab empty or look for an old empty 1960
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
I'm honestly not sure what makes the Ear Candy cabs so popular, but I have never heard a single bad review of their sound. The build quality of the cab and the Green Machine speakers are just apparently amazing. The only problem is their turnaround time, which is incredibly long. For this reason, you go used.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

lol ok so Avatar v Mills, round 1.

What are the differences, and what are the price differences.

Would they be that much better built than a Rivera Cab?
if you really want to go all out, you can buy a mills unloaded for like $750, or buy the avatar LOADED for $100 less than that.

Mills acoustics makes nice cabs but a lot of the price rides on the name and reputation. As long as you have good speakers you will be all set
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob