Page 1 of 2
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
for a few months ive had my heart set on owning one of these but i havent needed another guitar. ive decided i want to get rid of my ibanez xiphos. i dont use a tremolo enough to make it worth my while. i like to use my different guitars in different tunings and i dont want to have to adjust the springs every time i go down or up 1/2 step.

but thats not what this is about. i went to my only local music store and asked about trading this guitar and throwing in a little cash for a brand new schecter c-1 classic. the worker told me they were discontinuing those. he called his supplier and they had none left he said they were replacing them with something else, but he didnt have a lot of info. are they just done with the 09 model of the c-1 classic or is that model no more? i dont really want to go used and i was hoping to not spend much beyond the money that ill get from selling another guitar of mine. but i dont know of anywhere else where i could do a trade like that.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Oct 27, 2009,
ibanezgod1973
Banned
170 IQ
even if a guitar was to be removed from production it would take several months before the new stock disappeared completely......
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
well i sat there as he called his supplier and they told him they had no more c-1 classics. i dont know how these things work but i know i cant get the guitar through this store unless a used one pops up

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

zhilla
344 IQ
The shop/their supplier (who is probably just a distributor) may just be moving away from schecter (and it could be their choice or schecters choice). If I was you I'd call round a couple of different shops and see if they can get you one.
JTBach
Rainbows, Unicorns, & HCN
177 IQ
musiciansfriend has these up as on sale and from what I've gathered (I was looking at them too) they seem to be disappearing everywhere. A few sites said discontinued.

EDIT: nevermind. I was thinking of the C-1 plus. Maybe your vendor was confused?
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Last edited by JTBach at Oct 27, 2009,
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
nope he said c-1 classic over the phone. again i was right there when he called his supplier. i dont even know if the nearest town has a decent music store and this is the only one here.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

azn_guitarist25
not who you think...
785 IQ
Yeah I found a few stores selling the C1 classic for around $700usd while others were completely out of stock mainly the big chain music stores had them out of stock. The other option is to buy via ebay or go used.
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
when did i say anything about not liking a specific color?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Gingrel
Strat Fanatic
36 IQ
They're still up on Schecter's website...

Good choice of axe though, i was looking at getting one myself, that or a BC Rich Eagle... But i decided to go for a Warmoth instead
Alder?? What's that? Sounds like a poor substitute for ash to me...
DimebagLivesOn
BibleThump BibleThump
1,947 IQ
That's how I was with the Hellraiser Sunset. Best guitar I've ever played, and they don't make em anymore.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
BS87
157 IQ
Quote by Gingrel
They're still up on Schecter's website...

Good choice of axe though, i was looking at getting one myself, that or a BC Rich Eagle... But i decided to go for a Warmoth instead

I hope they arent disco'd.. even musicians friend didnt have them last time i looked, had my heart set on a blue/green one ina few months
BS87
157 IQ
Just wanted to bump, and say that i e-mailed Schecter, and got a response saying they have officially discontinued it and it will no longer be offered. They did mention they are changing their lineup for the 2010 year aswell.
metalheadblues
Tab Contributor
583 IQ
IT IS DISCONTINUED
i'm in your exact position dude i feel the pain i kinda feel like shedding a tear my heart feels broken..well anyways the schecter c1 artist limited edition is still up and in production it has a 59' instead of the jazz and no vine of life and no quilted top doesn't compare but it should get the job done..i still want a schecter c1 classic tho

ahh schecter go backing into production with the classic's
metalheadblues
Tab Contributor
583 IQ
there are still some schecter dealers up on ebay who still have it is stock
but not at the price zZounds and americal musical have it for
just a though
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
man fk the c1 artist thingy. i want the jazz and the vine of life and the quilted top!

as soon as i can conjure up the money, ill just get one from zZounds. $500 is WAY cheap. hell they could run out tomorrow though.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

metalheadblues
Tab Contributor
583 IQ
Quote by SYLrules88
man fk the c1 artist thingy. i want the jazz and the vine of life and the quilted top!

as soon as i can conjure up the money, ill just get one from zZounds. $500 is WAY cheap. hell they could run out tomorrow though.

sorry to inform you but
This product is no longer available at zZounds.
i checked all the usual online retailers and its fkin sold out
just has some one ebay and some other stores but not at the $500 bill anymore
WTF!!is a TAB
♥SkullGirls♥
2,297 IQ
they're making an '10 version (i hope)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
metalheadblues
Tab Contributor
583 IQ
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
they're making an '10 version (i hope)

yeah this is what i'm hoping for
there is already the hell raiser 2010 prototype
hope there is a c1 classic 2010 re-release with maybe a fr and active pickups haha i'm just thinking out loud..id still be saving till i find another guitar of that caliber
cheers
skywalker45
Forever learning!
209 IQ
Man this is sad news but I also called Schecter today and found out. I can only say I'm glad I bought mine when zzounds dropped the price from $799 to $449. I got a HELL of a deal and it really is the very best guitar I've ever owned! Surely Schecter can either best it or come out with something very similar for the new model year. Incidentally even the guy at Schecter I talked to was very sad about the discontinuance. For everyone who owns one ---- HOLD ONTO IT!!!! They are and will be in high demand.

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
Fizzyx
Noob
41 IQ
Quote by skywalker45
I can only say I'm glad I bought mine when zzounds dropped the price from $799 to $449. I got a HELL of a deal and it really is the very best guitar I've ever owned!

Wow, that was a steal. Really $449? Are you nervous around police?

Grats
skywalker45
Forever learning!
209 IQ
Quote by Fizzyx
Wow, that was a steal. Really $449? Are you nervous around police?

Grats

Yeah I'm a bit nervous!!

But yeah seriously $449. I bought it immediately since they ran out of the see through blue the next day. The only one that was still $799 then was the sea green color.

Schecter C-1 Classic
EVH92
The pit's source of evil.
726 IQ
It's better off that way. Schecters aren't great.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
azn_guitarist25
not who you think...
785 IQ
Quote by EVH92
It's better off that way. Schecters aren't great.

<3 Hope you have the flameshield up.
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
SURELY schecter is aware how popular of a model this is, so they gotta have something very similar but better in mind for '10?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

skywalker45
Forever learning!
209 IQ
Quote by azn_guitarist25
<3 Hope you have the flameshield up.

X2 !!!!!

Schecter C-1 Classic
BS87
157 IQ
I dunno, the guy i spoke to at schecter was dissapointed they disco'd it, saying they had sold out of every singe one they made for the past 6 years. You'd think they'd keep making it, but i digress. He also said look for the '10 lineup, but couldnt tell me what was due.
Faded Grey
UG's Jazz Pianist
766 IQ
What is this I don't even ---.

Seriously, what the heck. I've been wanting one of these guitars for a while. What's up witch Schecter and discontinuing awesome guitars? First the Hellraiser Sunset, and now the C-1 Classics?!?!?! What is Schecter thinking?

Fizzyx
Noob
41 IQ
Probably a marketing tactic. Want to end on a high note and phase in the next gen stuff while there is a lot of buzz.
r0ckth3d34n
Banned
2,855 IQ
They're releasing C-1 Classics in Deep Sea Green for Limited 2009 models... So those ones are becoming "discontinued"

Sadly, my GC stopped carrying C-1 Classics (epic fail.) about 6 months ago.

Though I have heard they are "discontinuing" the C-1 Classic, I believe they are discontinuing production for 2009, to release a new upgraded version of the C-1 Classic (Plus? lol) for 2010.

Watch, C-1 Classic Plus. Same as C-1 Classic, but has a choice between see-thru colors with a flamed maple top and solid colors, with different bindings.
SYLrules88
I Play Drums!
1,273 IQ
yeah, AFTER i found a used trans blue model on ebay, i saw a random ad for americanmusicalsupply or something like that that was still selling brand new ones for $499

^^i dont like the replacement. flame instead of quilt, different inlays, and the volume knob is right by the bridge pup!! the knob was out of the way on the classic and thats what initially steered me toward it. at least ive got one on the way. thanks for the info.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele