So my friend practically needs an overhaul of his electronics system in his old strat-copy. Is Guitar Fetish's stuff any good? I mean, for $20 it's practically a steal especially for a guitar that's of such a par quality.

But, just to clear things up before he goes and spends $20: His bridge and middle pick up are out and his jack either works or doesn't. Should he go ahead and just get new electronics?
Yeah, GFS electronics are brilliant for the price.
Hardware however, isn't.
But an electronics overhaul should do just fine.
They're fine if you're not hoping for anything above MIM Fender quality for the electronics and Squier quality for the hardware. If your friend is hoping to make his cheap Strat copy play and sound like a Fender American Deluxe Strat, he's out of luck with GFS parts.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
They're fine if you're not hoping for anything above MIM Fender quality for the electronics and Squier quality for the hardware. If your friend is hoping to make his cheap Strat copy play and sound like a Fender American Deluxe Strat, he's out of luck with GFS parts.

Well, the only real purpose of him upgrading his electronics was to convince him to just buy a new amp instead of a Tele since his amp is a Crate 15W Solid State that's pretty garbage. I figured why buy a Mexican Tele if you're still going to still sound like shit.
the pickups are very good. But, I have heard that their pots are absolute ass.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Quote by MrFlibble

Yeah, the hardware really isn't all that good - the Wilkinson isn't half-bad, of course, and the MIM upgrade bridge isn't AWFUL especially for what you pay (nor is the block), but their strong point is their pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.