So I am thinking about maybe getting two pedals, one for metal, and one just for distortion, something equivalent to a boss ds-2. However, I have heard that the BOSS pedals arent the best out there, so what do you suggest?
Blackstar HT Pedals
DigiTech Hardwire Metal Distortion
EHX Big Muff
EHX Metal Muff
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Some Fantastic Pedals for metal:

Sansamp GT-2
Hardwire TL-2
TC Electronic Nova Drive
Radial Tonebone Hot British (not for modern metal)
Digitech Metal Master. I recently purchased one and I've really enjoyed it. Try it first but I love it.
I use a Boss OS-2 and an EHX Big Muff. No complaints about either, get some nice distortions. The OS-2 as far as I know does everything the DS-2 or whatever does, plus the Overdrive option, or you can get a nice sound in between.
Quote by zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Digitech Metal Master. I recently purchased one and I've really enjoyed it. Try it first but I love it.

Got one for free at a garage sale awesome pedal, dumb people
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

Radial Tonebone Hot British (not for modern metal)

I beg to differ. the tonebone can sound like a 5150 without the bad aspects of a 5150 and has incredibly tight low end. for comparison purposes, I played my red bear, which has enormous amounts of bass through this pedal into a cab with greenbacks and g12h30s (very low wattage speakers) and the low end was a tight as a virgin.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Just get one good pedal, not two crappy ones!
Try to save $150 for a Blackstar HT series distortion pedal.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Instead of getting two cheap pedals, just get the Tech 21 GT-2. I think youll be pretty happy with it
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
i second the hardwire...but personally i dont do distortion pedals, they're against my religion.
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
Last edited by son of anarchy at Oct 27, 2009,
Fulltone OCD
MI Audio CrunchBox
Wampler Pinnacle 2
Wampler Plextortion
Rothwell Hellbender
Quote by Luxifer
Fulltone OCD
MI Audio CrunchBox
Wampler Pinnacle 2
Wampler Plextortion
Rothwell Hellbender

Yeah, these and a few others, but they aren't going for $60.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
hehehe sorry i didnt see the budget. i just listed "the best distrotion pedals" in my mind.

EDIT - on that note, i think the danelectro cool cat pedals are underrated
I got my metal master for $55 but then I spent $25 for an AC adapter so I wouldn't burn through 9 volt batteries.
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--DGTMETALMASTER was where I got mine. It's the B-stock refurbished but in perfect condition so as you would never know. It came in two days even though I did the free shipping at the slow rate. Give it a look. Most of these others won't come around for anywhere near as cheap.