Is there some inside joke I'm outside on here. What's the deal with the pear with the mouth? And why are people being banned for it?
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
It's not actually against the rules.

It's a mod discretion thing though, so they can decide to ban you or not for it.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
It was deemed incredibly annoying by the mods a while back, so now people get banned for posting pics of it.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
It was a meme that became annoying and overused, therefore posting it results in a ban.
LARGE TEXT
Ok seems weird to ban someone for it though.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
Quote by blue_strat
It's a meme that got overused and became annoying; like all memes the Pit gets its grubby little hands on.

Fixed.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by The Rules
Any memes that the moderators deem offensive, annoying or just plain stupid are against the rules, regardless of whether they are specifically mentioned here or not. This includes images such as the 'LOL WUT' pear, and the practices of 'Rick Rolling', 'inb4' and 'c-c-c-combo breaking'. We suggest you do not spread memes like this across UG as if we feel the meme is sufficiently annoying, is being overused, or is a form of spam, you may receive warnings or bans at the mods discretion.

Quote by Holy.
It was a meme that became annoying and overused, therefore posting it results in a ban.

True, although recently it hasn't really been a bannable offence, as people just stopped posting it. Although douchebags who want a perma post it and are like "OMGZ COME PERMA ME MODZZ", instead of doing something epic and imaginative like a Heaven's Gate.
The pear, I could right a essay on that pesky bugger! Oh, the lives its ruined Grindar RIP
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
"inb4" is against the rules? Well I guess I found something they don't enforce.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Momentosis
It's not actually against the rules.

It's a mod discretion thing though, so they can decide to ban you or not for it.

You will get warned/banned 99% of the time. So to say we can decide not to do anything is true, but people should be aware that we rarely show leniency for the pear.