Hi everyone, I'm writing a song at the moment that is in a D major scale and ive just come up with another short song that would fit perfectly at the end of it. However it is in a complete differant scale (Em).

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me join these two parts together to make it sound ok.

Thanks!!!
Sounds like you think this could get complicated. Have you tried just going for it and seeing if it works?
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
A spider AND an MG?
ouchhh man.

but on topic,
i cant help you.
just play around with the two scales
just give me a fender and let me rip
Is it possible to change the D major one to G? Or the Em to Bm? Either one of those would make them sound better next to each other.
Maybe you could try transposing the second one into Bm, (up 7 half steps, or down 5), or the first one into G (up 5 half steps, or down 7).

Or, you could even transpose both of them into something neutral like Bb and Gm.

The way this works, is in each of these examples, I use a pair of relative majors and minors, which have the same notes, but resolve on different notes.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea