So, now that I have a great guitar and a great amp (at least IMO), I'd like to start making my rig a little more versatile and fun with some pedals. I want the following, accompanied by a price limit:

OD/Booster, to get my amp to do thrash/old school metal, and for a lead boost. $150

Chorus, for a nice clean sound mostly: $100

Delay, for clean ambient stuff and lead stuff as well: $100

EQ, for toneshaping into metal and other things, $100

Tuner, for tuning. $100

I will be willing to go used for all this stuff, and prefer true bypass, but it's not a necessity. Tone is the main consideration.

The OD needs to be *fairly* transparent, but I don't care as long as it sounds sweet. I was thinking an Xotic BB Preamp or AC Booster. I don't know much about chorus, so you guys will need to enlighten me. For a delay, I'd prefer analog, as I don't really need tap tempo, and I want a nice sound. Digital will be considered as well. I was thinking an EHX Memory Boy, or Hardwire Delay. For an EQ, I was planning to get an MXR 10-band, but if I can save money, that would be great. Is the Danelectro Fish N' Chips good? And for the tuner, I was going to get the Hardwire Tuner. Any better options?

TL;DR: I want an OD, Delay, Chorus, Tuner, and EQ Pedal. Budgets are listed up in the wall of text. Please tell me what to get.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Oct 27, 2009,
OD: The BB Preamp would be a good option I think.
Delay: EHX Memory Boy/Toy depending on what you want / Boss DD-7 if you want digital
EQ: Danelectro F'n'C would be a very good option if you don't need the 'gain' slider because that's the only major advantage to the 10 band IMO
Tuner: Korg Pitchblack

You could always try not getting an OD and just trying out the 10 band and seeing how close you can get to metal just using that?

EDIT: What amp you got?
EDIT2: Chorus: I dunno, small clone?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Oct 27, 2009,
i don't know about prices over there but for od i would say maxon OD808 but i have a feeling it will be over budget. the bb preamp is a ripper pedal as well so that one is a tough call. EHX small clone for chorus, memory boy for delay. korg pitchblack for the tuner. not sure about an eq.
SomeBlueKind: I want to boost my amp into metal, not use a pedal on the clean channel. Thanks though.

SimplyBen: Thanks for the advice about the FnC. I don't think I need the gain slider, but I think I will buy the OD, then worry about EQ if I still need it. My amp is an Egnater Rebel 30.

joe k: What is it about the small clone that makes it good? How are the Hardwire Chorus and the Ibanez CS9?

My new list is:

OD: BB Preamp
Delay: EHX Memory Boy
Chorus: Undecided, possibly an EHX Small Clone. My budget for this just went up to $150.
EQ: Danelectro Fn'C
Tuner: Korg Pitchblack
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
the small clone is just a really nice chorus for the price. if you are willing to spend more now though i think someone else will recommend a nicer chorus. i don't have much experience with high end chorus.