Page 1 of 3
Is it just me, or is this just a little too ridiculous?

My friend took that picture earlier today. She works with special needs children at a school and apparently they gave these crayons to them today.

I think the fact that those crayons even exist is just a little ridiculous.

Thoughts?
I don't see a yellow.
Crayola hates the Chinese!

Maybe they should just make a pack with no white in and call it "Affirmative Action Crayons".
Last edited by MightyAl at Oct 27, 2009,
That's taking political correctness a bit too far.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by NOTGRINDARRR
Considering the amount of racism present in the world, I feel that it's not that bad.

I didn't know you gave input!

He has a good point, but they're crayons for crying out loud.
Nikolas
Luckily it only takes 8 crayons to represent racial diversity.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Hearty lulz ensued.
Seriously though, yea.. it's funny >.>

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Looking at the colours, they look as though they might be good for colouring in different shades of skin?
Just a thought.
UG and Sporcle are both fantastic time wasting devices.
I could've used those when I was a kid. All the people in my drawings looked like the simpsons. As a result, they didn't make it onto the fridge as much as I'd have liked.

I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
Definitely a bad name for them.

They could've named them "skin tones" or something. Why Multi-Cultural?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by StringAssassin
Hey Brian, pass me the sand-nigger.

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Le_Bunny
I guess it's a bit useful when drawing people (I never knew whether to use white, yellow or pink for skin) but then again it's drawing undue attention to skin colour. I doubt kids discriminate or even think of peoples' skin colours.

Look at some of the post just in this thread, yeah I proved you wrong
I think it's a good idea. I always hated colouring in skin when I was younger because HUMANS DON"T HAVE PINK SKIN!!!!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by rmr024
I dont think they have a color pale enough to capture the gingers

no, we leave them uncolored when we draw them and then bleach the paper.

seriously though, I imagine its for kids who want to draw little politically correct stick figures.
What the hell? Thats ridiculous.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Well, naming it "multicultural" isn't a good idea, but I wish I had the pack itself back when I was a kid

Back in elementary, all my characters turned out like the Simpsons because I didn't have any skin colored crayons, unless I bought the 94 pack, which was like $100
of course it's going to far. You know who's to blame? the blacks.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by The Shroom420
Well, naming it "multicultural" isn't a good idea, but I wish I had the pack itself back when I was a kid

Back in elementary, all my characters turned out like the Simpsons because I didn't have any skin colored crayons, unless I bought the 94 pack, which was like $100

Those were AMAZING, they even came with a crayon sharpener on the box.
This is almost as bad as "Cultural Awareness Month" for preschoolers. Funny how the kids all end up confused, not enlightened. I once read an article where it ended up with 1 kid running round yelling, "I'm white", 2 blonde girls going, "We're the same", and the black girls crying. Great job, political correctness, you made a kid cry!

I don't see the problem with this, other than the name being stupid.
Skin color =/= culture.

On a side note: i've always wondered what color band-aids are in Africa. It would be such an awesome piece of post-colonial racism if they were based on the color of white people's skin. With every wound inflicted they're reminded of those inflicted in the past, that's pretty ****ing poetic if you think about it.
But never mind, no African can afford band-aids in the first place.
Page 1 of 3