Page 1 of 2
Ok, I usally play metal guitar. But can somebody please give a good ROCK song with a tricky solo in it that will impress the ladies please? I want something that the average person cant play, but then again not something TOO hard. Like Paul Gilbert... lol. Thanks.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Hmm how about a few songs from rush?
Yyz is great
So is working man

Acdc solos can be challenging
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
That seems like the wrong reason to play guitar IMO. Also Paul Gilbert=Mostly hard and most girls probably wouldn't even find that impressive I would think... most listen to top 100 shit, so you'd be better off learning those songs and improv a bit maybe, or just figure something out.
Oh yeah and most girls only like acoustic because it makes you seem deep, brooding, and majestic or some bubble gum crap like that...

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
Oh yeah and most girls only like acoustic because it makes you seem deep, brooding, and majestic or some bubble gum crap like that...

this.

to them

3 chords from some mainstream acoustic song > some awesome emotional rippin' solo
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
this.

to them

3 chords from some mainstream acoustic song > some awesome emotional rippin' solo

Sad but true, that's why I only write songs about ****ing them.
As much as I agree with what the two guys above me just said, play them a dream theater solo. They'll be all over you.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by JELIFISH19
Sad but true, that's why I only write songs about ****ing them.

That is pure adulterated win! You officially beat 83.6% of all rappers!(excluding of course, the early will smith)

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by higgins666
Will Smith is my god!!

You could always play some HIM solos, that'll get all the gothy/emo types no problemo

His raps sorta went like this

I respect my girls and and don't seek many thrills, I never do drugs, but I certainly wear my uggs.

Or the fresh prince of bel air theme song. 20 Internet points to the next person that writes the entire theme song, that actually remembers the show! Go!

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Girls generally are not impressed by solos. Actually most girls I know aren't impressed/won't fall for you if you can play guitar. They might think it's cool but it won't get you anywhere. Generally I find writing songs for people awkward too, that might just be me. If you're playing guitar to impress girls, you're playing for the wrong reasons and won't get what you want.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
Girls generally are not impressed by solos. Actually most girls I know aren't impressed/won't fall for you if you can play guitar. They might think it's cool but it won't get you anywhere. Generally I find writing songs for people awkward too, that might just be me.

I get more poon than a zookeeper stationed at the big cat section.

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Play something jazzy.
Use 7th chords.

Sweep a C shape on clean settings.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by gucio93
Girls generally are not impressed by solos. Actually most girls I know aren't impressed/won't fall for you if you can play guitar. They might think it's cool but it won't get you anywhere. Generally I find writing songs for people awkward too, that might just be me. If you're playing guitar to impress girls, you're playing for the wrong reasons and won't get what you want.

It's all about how you carry yourself. If you're just like "eh, i play guitar," they won't like you. But if you're like "I play guitar, I'm in a band, **** you if you don't like me, I'm going to be the best lay of your life," they'll love you. I'm not saying that you should say that, even though you can if you pull it off right, but that kinda attitude is what gets the ladies. Be an alpha male, be your own man, stand firmly behind everything you do and who you are. Have some confidence. And that's my advice for the AFCs out there. (kudos if you know what I'm talking about).
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's all about how you carry yourself. If you're just like "eh, i play guitar," they won't like you. But if you're like "I play guitar, I'm in a band, **** you if you don't like me, I'm going to be the best lay of your life," they'll love you. I'm not saying that you should say that, even though you can if you pull it off right, but that kinda attitude is what gets the ladies. Be an alpha male, be your own man, stand firmly behind everything you do and who you are. Have some confidence. And that's my advice for the AFCs out there. (kudos if you know what I'm talking about).

Eh, I'm pretty happy to say I don't need to brag about guitar to get any girls. I'm pretty confident in getting girls just through the way I carry myself otherwise. Oh well, that's just my take on all of this.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Last edited by gucio93 at Oct 27, 2009,
How to impress a girl with a guitar.

Step one: G maj
Step two: C maj
Step three: D maj
Step four: Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat...
Step five: ???
Step six: Sex?

Quote by westdyolf
I get more poon than a zookeeper stationed at the big cat section.

Big Cat Section? No one likes fat chicks, man.
Last edited by rooster456 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by rooster456
How to impress a girl with a guitar.

Step one: G maj
Step two: C maj
Step three: D maj
Step four: Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat...
Step five: ???
Step six: Sex?

Big Cat Section? No one likes fat chicks, man.

The big girl appreciation thread in the pit would like a Would with you.

and I mean teh poosy cats like ligers

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Fat chics are like mopeds, they're fun to ride until your friends find out
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I play the softest Shred I know, Hymn for an Angel, Nottingham Lace, And some self composed stuff. And it doesn't impress Women.

If you want to Impress girls, Don't solo. Play sappy Chords, and sing a Love song, that the girls think is about them.
chicks like slow and soft music. They are easily impressed with slow stuff. I recommend you find a older band like tesla and learn a few songs like love song. They feel metal is brutal and barbaric in most cases. Atleast at my high school they do
Singing songs > writing songs > playing a basic melody on guitar > playing anything else.

If you want to impress people, that's how it goes. A guy who's written his own song, plays a basic 1-5-4 chord progression on a cheap acoustic (the cheaper it is, the more impressed people will be) and can sing well will get more action than someone doing a Steve Vai impression.

Protip: there is a reason why people like Malmsteen, Via and Satriani look like smug gimps and always look airbrushed to shit with wind machines on them, sunglasses even indoors and all sorts of other crap; it's because the wind machine gets them more action than their guitar playing ever will.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
girls love john mayer, RHCP, dave matthews, thats really the most popular stuff
Girls will think your awesome no matter what you do with a guitar. If they like guitar players, they won't care how good you are (unless of course they play too). You're safe with anything
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
tenacious D, f#ck her gently
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Almost ANY John Mayer song. I enjoy listening to him, and I've played Your Body Is A Wonderland for numerous women and just loved it. However, it might not work (any singing song really) if you don't have a good voice.

About a Girl by Nirvana is good, The Beatles, 1234 by Plain White T's.
just dont sell out your metal soul for some whiney emo song!! even playin your body is a wonderland is kind of pushing your masculinity <no offense fallsdownstairs>

in the infinite words of "manowar": Hold your head up high, throw your fist up in the air, play metal! louder than hell!
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

Last edited by thedekker at Oct 27, 2009,
Unless she plays metal guitar, a girl won't give a shit what solo you can play or how well you can do it. If she's attracted to you as a guitar player, it's usually (1) because you just play, and (2) the kind of attitude you put into your music.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by thedekker
just dont sell out your metal soul for some whiney emo song!! even playin your body is a wonderland is kind of pushing your masculinity <no offense fallsdownstairs>

in the infinite words of "manowar": Hold your head up high, throw your fist up in the air, play metal! louder than hell!

No offense taken, however, like Dirk said, unless she plays metal, she won't be interested in metal. I mean really, how many girls who don't listen to metal do you know that just know those guitarists and want to bed them? Very little. How many women has John Mayer bedded? I'm sure a lot, though he then dated Jennifer Anniston and Jessica Simpson.

Just go with John Mayer, can't go wrong.
The begging of stairway always get the ladys lol November Rain too
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
haha yeah i know, i was just kidding,

makin a point though, dont lose the metal soul
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Quote by Life Is Brutal
I play the softest Shred I know, Hymn for an Angel, Nottingham Lace, And some self composed stuff. And it doesn't impress Women.

If you want to Impress girls, Don't solo. Play sappy Chords, and sing a Love song, that the girls think is about them.

This^

BTW: If you do the solo like Buckethead and just hammer on and pull off lol
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by ljohn
Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah = pants key.

Remember this.

This too.

If you can really sing, try out some James Taylor.
I play a bunch of metal, and the only chicks that are attracted to me are metalhead chicks, and they're usually really weird... or fat... or both.

One time, my friend tyler and me were in this room with a bunch of chicks we didn't know. And we both had a guitar. And I'm ****ing playing Angel of Death, and no one gives a shit, and hes playing a three-chord ballad by GnR. I'm pretty sure I don't suck, but I at least *try* to play cool songs, and I think that's sexier than "G"..."D"..."A"..."G"..."D"..."A". He sold out. I'm ashamed of him.
Last edited by HailSlaytan at Oct 28, 2009,
Put an interesting and funny slant on a current chart song and you'll impress them a lot more than wanking away on a solo you haven't completely mastered anyway.
Page 1 of 2