Well my fellow shredders, It is almost that time of year again. The time when Jolly ol Saint Nick comes around. My parents have told me they will get me a new guitar for Christmas. The maximum amount is $600.
I play thrash, mainly stuff like Trivium and Megadeth. I do not like Deans that much anymore, and I prefer passive pick ups. Any suggestions?
Quote by sashki
Any other preferences?

Thrash metal for 600 bucks suggests Jackson, Washburn, and maybe ESP, if you can afford one with a model number about 400.
Not really bro, what Jackson do you recomend? Have you played any Jackson's?
Quote by Shreddinkevin
Not really bro, what Jackson do you recomend? Have you played any Jackson's?

I have played Jacksons. The "Pro" series are really good. Seymour Duncan pickups, floyds are liscenced but reliable. They're especially good if you like small necks. Plus, they come in loads of shapes, pickup configurations and bridge options, all within a similar price band.

I'm not a fan of thin necks, but I did like the ones on Jackson DK2's.

Everyone seems to recommend Ibanez for everything, but while they are versatile, I wouldn't say they're particularly thrashy.

Or maybe that's just me being biased against them. I don't particularly like ibanez, apart from the one I own.
Floating bridge or a hard tail?
Neck joint construction?
Pickup layout?
Frets?

Answer those questions and you'll get a bunch more accurate responses to what you need, give that you have just asked for any $600usd guitar with passive pickups and isn't a dean.