Skies Divided's intro/first section is a carbon copy of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N05iTyFTIYc

Dude, your band seriously needs to redirect its direction because no offense you guys are copying Black Tide. I don't care if you claim to never of heard of Black Tide but for your own good/benefit change your vocal and guitar style a bit. If you don't prepare to be labeled Black Tide rip-offs.
Last edited by The Arsis at Oct 27, 2009,
Woah.... Dude that's totally not cool mate. I have this chat with a couple of friends/Teachers and yes,the intro is very alike,but at the same different,we are in a complete different key/mode. We have had this song as long as they have/longer and we don't plan on backing out. Yes,we sound a lot alike,but we don't intend to change,we like the music we write. You might be thinking we are seriously BSing but honestly we are serious,and we're are not going to change it.

Edit:
As a matter a fact,
Our intro took influence of the intro for Indians from Anthrax. Believe us or not that is the truth.
Last edited by ObliviousEnd at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by ObliviousEnd
Woah.... Dude that's totally not cool mate. I have this chat with a couple of friends/Teachers and yes,the intro is very alike,but at the same different,we are in a complete different key/mode. We have had this song as long as they have/longer and we don't plan on backing out. Yes,we sound a lot alike,but we don't intend to change,we like the music we write. You might be thinking we are seriously BSing but honestly we are serious,and we're are not going to change it.

Edit:
As a matter a fact,
Our intro took influence of the intro for Indians from Anthrax. Believe us or not that is the truth.

Well, all I'm saying is try to part ways with the Black tide-ish style but in the end it is your call.
Quote by The Arsis
Well, all I'm saying is try to part ways with the Black tide-ish style but in the end it is your call.

Dude,Im really getting tired of you,seriously,if you think we sound like black tide,fine by all means state it. But if your going to just comment on everything i put on youtube saying it sounds like black tide its going to get on my nerves. They're similar. Ok I accept. We have had our sound for the last 4-5 years and we're not going to change it.
Quote by ObliviousEnd
Dude,Im really getting tired of you,seriously,if you think we sound like black tide,fine by all means state it. But if your going to just comment on everything i put on youtube saying it sounds like black tide its going to get on my nerves. They're similar. Ok I accept. We have had our sound for the last 4-5 years and we're not going to change it.

Dude, I don't have the time to follow your little band around and state something so obvious. You posted your videos on this forum for opinions/criticism so that is what I'm giving you. I can bet you any money that you get what I said a lot. Do you think it is purely out of the blue that you get the "you guys sound like Black Tide"? Last time I checked, I didn't comment on any of your videos. Maybe it is the listeners that are catching on to what I'm saying or what is obvious to the ear? Maybe?

I couldn't careless if you change your sound or not. You're not my band, you're not my friend, and you're not a band that I listen to. So, in conclusion, I couldn't care less if you guys change your sound.

Good day.
Last edited by The Arsis at Oct 27, 2009,
I have heard many thrash bands and this by far is not thrash

and i would have to agree with The Arsis on your how your band is the poor mans black tide.
Quote by Oblivion0716
I have heard many thrash bands and this by far is not thrash

and i would have to agree with The Arsis on your how your band is the poor mans black tide.

Are you saying that because i refused to have you in our band? A lot of haters =/
Just had a listen there to skies divided, I have to say, I really dont like the vocals, they sound flat and out of place. there are some good guitar parts, but the 'shredy' parts of the solo are a bit repetitive and a tad sloppy, and it doesnt seem like theres much in it to justify being 8 minutes long, interest was sort of lost around 3 minutes in.
Quote by celitus
Just had a listen there to skies divided, I have to say, I really dont like the vocals, they sound flat and out of place. there are some good guitar parts, but the 'shredy' parts of the solo are a bit repetitive and a tad sloppy, and it doesnt seem like theres much in it to justify being 8 minutes long, interest was sort of lost around 3 minutes in.

Thanks,for the feedback, At least its more informative,and gives me an idea of what could have a couple of changes.
Don't ask for crit then get pissed off when you don't get legions of people kissing your shoes.

EDIT: And you sound like a NWOBHM band. Not at all a thrash band.

And i just read that you consider your sound to be "Progressive"

Are you serious?
Last edited by andyscoot at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by ObliviousEnd
Are you saying that because i refused to have you in our band? A lot of haters =/

WTF. listen I tryed to be the nice and friendy guy but you are just being difficut. Are you trying to get ****ing Pual Gilbert himself to be in your band. This is new jersey not exactly home of guitar gods
and the only reason I wanted to be in the band was I thouht your were a cool and down to earth guy. but now I see what kind of person but you turned out to be just anther asshole in my life

Oh and im gonna start my own band and show you that its the biggest mistake of your life. Even the other bands I could of gotten into said you sucked so

Quote by Oblivion0716
WTF. listen I tryed to be the nice and friendy guy but you are just being difficut. Are you trying to get ****ing Pual Gilbert himself to be in your band. This is new jersey not exactly home of guitar gods
and the only reason I wanted to be in the band was I thouht your were a cool and down to earth guy. but now I see what kind of person but you turned out to be just anther asshole in my life

Oh and im gonna start my own band and show you that its the biggest mistake of your life. Even the other bands I could of gotten into said you sucked so

I doubt that, highly. I dont know ANYBODY that would just "join a band" without liking what they play, it kinda defeats the purpose of metal in general, getting with friends, thrashing out, and having fun. And your calling him an asshole, but your last comment is pretty asshole-ish. Acting like a hot shot guitarist, good luck finding people that want to play with you for you with that attitude, and not just because you can play guitar.
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
I doubt that, highly. I dont know ANYBODY that would just "join a band" without liking what they play, it kinda defeats the purpose of metal in general, getting with friends, thrashing out, and having fun. And your calling him an asshole, but your last comment is pretty asshole-ish. Acting like a hot shot guitarist, good luck finding people that want to play with you for you with that attitude, and not just because you can play guitar.

listen you don't known me, you don't what I can do and you certainly don't know what I am capable of. I have my reasons for all things that I do. And I don't know you so I would Just like you not to talk

Good day
Last edited by Oblivion0716 at Nov 2, 2009,
Quote by Oblivion0716
listen you don't known me, you don't what I can do and you certainly don't know what I am capable of. I have my reasons for all things that I do. And I don't know you so I would Just like you not to talk

Good day

Seriously, you need to check your ego a bit. TBH, you are acting like a child and I kind of see why Gabriel Garcia didn't let you in his band.
having a bit of self convidence is NOT even close considerd haveing a big ego. I have relized that I could not express myself through others peoples music. I feel Metal is all about describing the way you feel not who can play guitar better. I guess the only way to get things done is to do it your self. And after listening to the whole ep I still don't take back what I said about you guys being the poor mans black tide sorry.

Good Day to you all
Last edited by Oblivion0716 at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by Oblivion0716
having a bit of self convidence is NOT even close considerd haveing a big ego. I have relized that I could not express myself through others peoples music. I feel Metal is all about describing the way you feel not who can play guitar better. I guess the only way to get things done is to do it your self. And after listening to the whole ep I still don't take back what I said about you guys being the poor mans black tide sorry.

Good Day to you all

Were've you been in the last 20 years?

Metal has an always will be trying to better the next band