Well, this will probably get lengthy and technical, so please bare with me....

...I'm having issues with my D and G string. The problem is that when I tune my g-string so that it is in tune when it is open, it is, in fact, not in tune with my D string when I try to play fifth chords involving the G string. My D string is in tune with the A, and all other strings are in tune also. However, if I tighten my G string so that it is in tune when I play fifth chords, it simultaneously becomes out of tune when it's open, making any open chord sound odd.

My lead playing sounds best (read: most in-tune) when I have my G string tuned high, and my chromatic tuner says that my G string is in tune when I have it tuned high, yet it sounds out of tune when tuned so that it is "in tune" with an open D chord.

What could my problem be? I've checked my intonation and everything seems fine. Could it be weird/wrong fret spacing? What?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Equal temperament, and the guitar in particular, is an imperfect system that won't sound perfectly in tune for everything. Even if you're guitar's perfectly setup and tuned to a strobe tuner, some chords will sound more in tune than others.
Quote by blue_strat
Equal temperament, and the guitar in particular, is an imperfect system that won't sound perfectly in tune for everything. Even if you're guitar's perfectly setup and tuned to a strobe tuner, some chords will sound more in tune than others.

Wait, what?

I've played several other guitars that do not have this problem.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.