Dunno what I should get. I play rock, indie, psychobilly, rockabilly, and some metal. Any ideas guys? plus, I've got a (crappy) Epiphone Les Paul Special. Please help
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

Quote by Darkflame
the ux2 isn't an amp, but it'll be better than the mg
and the mg sucks
what's your budget ?

Budget is about $150 to $200
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

I have a UX2. It works well if you have head phones and stuff like that. It has lots of settings/capabilities but you have to have a computer to run it... Pretty sure at least.

I have no experience with the MG but I do know that the UX2 and pod farm are probably the one of the simplest/most straight forward UI for guitar tones and all that stuff.
one is a recording interface and the other is a really mediocre practice amp, thus I don't think you know what you're asking

Check out the Peavey Rage
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Oct 28, 2009,
Check out the Youtube demos of the Vox VT15. I was impressed with a friend's VT30 and wish I had bought one of those instead of my Marshall MG30DFX. Then check out the Marshall MG demos and see what you think.

The VT15 is available from Musician's Friend for $200
^Yep. They're pretty nice out of the box, but once you EQ them properly, they're even better. Plus, if you crank it while clean, you can get some nice overdrive too. The built in attenuator doesn't help with that for some reason though, you've got to have it actually cranked.