Page 1 of 2
Is it just me or do only bands use Myspace these days. It seems everyone I know has migrated over to Facebook. Is this true of everyone or is it just my circle of friends?
no, everyone uses Xanga now.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I'm on it right now in another tab.

I stay faithful
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
I never used it.

I'm a Facebook *****.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
My band uses myspace. But personally, I don't use social networking websites. I barely use my mobile phone.
MySpace gets a bad rap for the type of people that still use it. So, if you openly admit that you use MySpace, you will most likely get Butthurt by your friends.

Facebook has very few negative connotations to it.
Friendster,

what?
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
facebook is a cluttered mess.
facebook doesn't have band profiles
I don't enjoy being asked to take stupid surveys or receive stupid flairs.
I loathe facebook IM, mainly because people I don't really associate with that I'm "friends" with always try to talk to me.

I have my reasons for staying with myspace.
Quote by Silentlassassin
MySpace gets a bad rap for the type of people that still use it. So, if you openly admit that you use MySpace, you will most likely get Butthurt by your friends.

Facebook has very few negative connotations to it.

HAHA so true

"To each, his own" I guess.
Last edited by C.A.L. at Oct 28, 2009,
I do, although no one talks to me on it
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
same thing has happened with my friends...activity on Myspace has slowly migrated to Facebook. Now Myspace for me is just dead apart from band bulletins and the one or two friends who still use it.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Myspace was always lame, in my opinion. I had similar feelings about facebook but I got one anyway just to keep up with people since we all went to college. I don't use FB chat though, because it sucks, and I don't take stupid surveys and quizzes.

EDIT: I should amend that. Myspace is lame UNLESS you're a band.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

EDIT: I should amend that. Myspace is lame UNLESS you're a band.

Yeah it seems that the myspace page has taken the place of the "official website" for a lot of bands.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Opinion?
my advice is never use either, fb or ms, or even twitter. The 1st thing most persepective employers do when you leave an interview is google your name then look at all the goodies posted to those sites, good luck getting hired after most of what I see.
myspace became too cluttered for me and we all moved to facebook
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by dubstar92
no, everyone uses Xanga now.

I remember that.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit

facebook doesn't have band profiles

Erm..
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
*Raises hand*
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by CustomCustom
my advice is never use either, fb or ms, or even twitter. The 1st thing most persepective employers do when you leave an interview is google your name then look at all the goodies posted to those sites, good luck getting hired after most of what I see.

Considering I don't drink or do drugs and wouldn't be stupid enough to post pictures of me partaking in either even if I did, I'm gonna go ahead and ignore that.

EDIT:^That's totally SteveHouse's avatar.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
It seems everyone I know has migrated over to Facebook.
i agree with this. but i refuse to move. one is enough for me. i primarily use it to stay on top of when favorite bands put new stuff out. very few friends are ever on there anymore...
i still use myspace. i think its better then facebook and all the other crap (the only thing i do on facebook is post a status saying "why do i have this account")

i have 5 myspace profiles and its awsome. the only thing that annoys me about myspace is when people message me that are annoying (i get people who will say hi and no matter waht you say back they respond with a one word answer)
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Considering I don't drink or do drugs and wouldn't be stupid enough to post pictures of me partaking in either even if I did, I'm gonna go ahead and ignore that.

EDIT:^That's totally SteveHouse's avatar.

I know you control what you post but what about what others may? I bought Blizzard of Oz on LP the day it was released in the states in 1981, same for the tribute album so I feel an inate right to my avi.

I didnt invent this I read it in a yahoo job hunter tips article. just passing it along.
I don't even know what you're talking about now.

EDIT: Ohhh, no, the guy who posted directly above me has SteveHouse's avatar. Yours is fine, as far as I know.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Oct 28, 2009,
I deleted my myspace over a year ago and never looked back. I've never been to myspace since. I also have a facebook, but I never use it. I'll log in a few times a month, do nothing and that's it.

Talking IRL FTW!
Myspace is only good for bands nowadays. For friends it's stupid.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Myspace is too hard on my eyes. There's shit everywhere, it's so unorganized, I hate it. Facebook is structured, and (despite the sites' constant and annoying changes) much neater.

Plus, there's Lamebook.com.
I only use myspace for Mafia Wars, and Facebook for Farmville and communicating with people for school stuff.

Other than that, not much.
Quote by CustomCustom

That may be true, but you can also set your profile to private so they can only see your main profile picture and your info. All is solved.

In answer to the thread, fb is for me. I would only use myspace for the bands things, by nothing else.

On the note of facebook, who else hates the new layout?
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Taylz24
On the note of facebook, who else hates the new layout?

I do. It's ruined everything. =_____________=
Quote by justinb904
myspace became too cluttered for me and we all moved to facebook

And now facebook is all cluttered and no-one knows what to do.

Hopefully they don't migrate to twitter. I refuse to get a twitter or associate with anyone who has one.
I've moved into YourSpace. Have fun paying my rent.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Myspace has turned into the burned out ghetto of the internet.

Facebook is watching the neighborhood value go down.

And twitter is the most ridiculous, stupid thing ever invented. Like someone needs to know when I'm taking a shower or buttering toast!
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Myspace is going to have to think of something really cool or else it will be a thing of the past.
People use Facebook now because it's not *cool* to use myspace anymore. I continue to use myspace because facebook ****ING SUCKS. I can't imagine why anyone would use that confusing piece of shit website
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Last edited by Putrefaction at Oct 28, 2009,
Page 1 of 2