Okay well I bought a used Epi LP Custom for 300, little did I know it had some problems but I'm trying to be positive so heres this thread.

Only the treble pickup ( the middle and upper rhythm aren't working anymore ) and when I first got it, it was cutting out, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the cord. I also found some fading or wear on the bridge pickup ( like the gold was gone ) but I think thats just cosmetic. Other then that It doesn't stay in tune well but this is what I was thinking:

Can I take it to the local shop, trusted, Music 6000. And pretty much say this: My guitar is having some problems, these two pickups selections aren't working, and it needs to be set up with some new strings and just set up, it also doesn't stay in tune well, I'm not sure if its the pickup selector but can you fix this for me? and about how much would that cost?

Any tips from anyone here or advice?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
sounds like something shorted out around the selector switch or a connection came undone

and if the shop does repairs then you can just ask and they can pop it open and take a look and get it fixed up
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Yes they do in fact do repairs.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
you could repair the pickup problem yourself it`s a bad connection that needs soldering

read the setup sticky thread, but if you aren`t feeling confident take for a setup, specify exactly how you want it (low action free of fret buzz etc, even tell them what brand of strings you want) and play it before you leave the store to make sure it works.

back to the pup problem ant decent tech will check the electrics as part nof the setup...
Are you the same guy that just bought that black LP custom with gold hardware? It looked really nice, sorry to hear its havin problems. The good news is that you got a good deal so after you get it fixed it still wont be a bad deal
Just check over the pickup wiring. Most of the time, it's something simple like that.

Also, I'd invest in some better tuners. My Epiphone is pretty bad at staying in tune too.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Ihad the same problem with my FENDER LEAD#1, the problem was my sel. switch,it cost me $20.oo but i did the work myself
Quote by MxPxPanic
Okay well I bought a used Epi LP Custom for 300, little did I know it had some problems but I'm trying to be positive so heres this thread.

Only the treble pickup ( the middle and upper rhythm aren't working anymore ) and when I first got it, it was cutting out, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the cord. I also found some fading or wear on the bridge pickup ( like the gold was gone ) but I think thats just cosmetic. Other then that It doesn't stay in tune well but this is what I was thinking:

Can I take it to the local shop, trusted, Music 6000. And pretty much say this: My guitar is having some problems, these two pickups selections aren't working, and it needs to be set up with some new strings and just set up, it also doesn't stay in tune well, I'm not sure if its the pickup selector but can you fix this for me? and about how much would that cost?

Any tips from anyone here or advice?

blow some compressed air into the switch hole. ($3 for a can)

blow the dirt out of the switch.

if it doesnt stay in tune, then lube the nut cuts, and use a better stringing technique.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 28, 2009,
Epi les pauls come with grover tuners, which are pretty good tuners in you don't have locking ones.

Use a better string technique when restringing, and lube the nut with graphite of a pencil or something.

The shop should be able to repair that easily, Could be the switch as epi switches are prone to dying, shouldn't cost too much either way.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ