Well I bought a Peavey Triumph 120W all tube 1x12 amp off of craigslist, I got a good deal, 300$.

Anyways I've never owned a tube amp, let alone anything over 15 watts. But I get a lot of feedback, I keep the gain down to around 4, the treble down a bit and the reverb down, if I keep those not too high I don't get too much but when i turn the volume up to like 5 I get quiet a bit of feedback, or if I have too much treble and gain I get some feedback at 2 or 3.. ( volume ), keep in mind though its 120 Watts so it doesn't take much to be loud enough.

Is this normal or is there something wrong?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
Not familiar with the amp in question, but at such a price, I'm willing to bet that at least one of the power tubes has gone microphonic...

Do you know how to do the pencil test?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I did the pencil test, no noise, I bought new tubes anyways ( 6l6GC ) matching quad exact ones JJ though from Eurotubes and slipped em in, its pretty much the same.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Takamine EG333C
Just a guess... your Epiphone might not be properly grounded.

When playing through low wattage, solidstate practice amps, bad grounding sometimes does not show up. Though I'd doubt this as a grounding issue will give a buzz rather than feedback.

No harm trying though.

Just open up yer guitar guts and check that the grounding wires are still attached and have not snapped.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
It happens on my squier bullet as well.

I do get a bit of a buzz when I just turn the volume off though, but when I go to standby its just the fan ( which is like barly any noise. )

Maybe its just I'm not used to the tube amp?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Takamine EG333C
It's most likely fine. Any time you use lots of gain (both preamp or poweramp), you will get feedback. The way you described it, it seems like it is indeed normal because at low gain you get no feedback. If you don't like the feedback, think about getting a noise gate.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Is your guitar properly shielded? Poorly shielded pickups can cause a lot of excess feedback and hum.

Just some food for thought.