who here has a number one stop for gear. like, a place that isnt just for buying but a place where the people know oyu and you can just walk in to chat with the people working?

give some examples of how awsome the place is.

heres mine.

i came home from college today and my girlfriend was still asleep (about noon) so i went back out to buy her a guitar tab book she wanted.

went in the store, got the book and started playing guitars there. i found a martin acoustic that i couldnt stop playing and a ibenez acoustic that i thought they sold, that my girlfriend loved when we walked in the store. last week.

i told the main guy at the store i liked both guitars and he put them in the back for me without a downpayment.

and to top it off this store is so cool they actually know me by name when i walk in, and even ask how my bands doing and all.

so guys, who has a similar type place that you go to for gear?
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
I go fer coffee every morning at the same Horton's and they know my name. woooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Daydream_Goo
I go fer coffee every morning at the same Horton's and they know my name. woooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

yeh, f'ck yeh! gratz bro
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
i've been to LA...McCabe's Guitar shop simply the best, tho they tilt to folk.
Quote by Daydream_Goo

hortons?

never heard of it.

WAWA COFFEE FTW
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Because you live in America.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Daydream_Goo
Because you live in America.

i figured. had to say that though cause i love coffee from a small convenience store called wawa in the u.s.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Mansons in jolly old Blighty (or Britian to our friends across the pond! Hi guys!). This is the shop that makes Matt Bellamy's guitars and have also made a bass for John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.

I visit every time im up that way and have spent an hour talking to staff about something as trivial as string gagues. If you get the chance visit the place, its a truely almost magical place.
I'm hoping you mean Tim Hortons coffee, Goo

At the shop I go to, we know each other by name and every time I go in me and a few of the workers start talking about various things. All in all, they're good guys and sometimes give me great deals of new drum and guitar gear.
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
GuitarGuitar in Edinburgh is my stop for gear like guitars and amps the rest i just stop in at a local one on my college break for picks n shiz.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Professional Music Center in Des Moines is very employee to customer related. They're small but they have a crapload of different brands of gear.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."