hello

i bought a peavey valveking 112 amp about 4 months ago switched out the speaker for a eminence Governor plays great. here is my problem, it keeps dying on me. i have already sent it out once and it still broke on me. i take care of my gear very well and avoided doing anything to the inside of the amp. it seemed to be ok when i plugged it into a power strip but when i plug it into an outlet it smells than dies. do tube amps need to be plug my tube amp into power stirps? also has this ever happened to anyone else?

thanks
Quote by Dude!
hello

i bought a peavey valveking 112 amp about 4 months ago switched out the speaker for a eminence Governor plays great. here is my problem, it keeps dying on me. i have already sent it out once and it still broke on me. i take care of my gear very well and avoided doing anything to the inside of the amp. it seemed to be ok when i plugged it into a power strip but when i plug it into an outlet it smells than dies. do tube amps need to be plug my tube amp into power stirps? also has this ever happened to anyone else?

thanks

Ermm... did you get a speaker with the proper impedance?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Ermm... did you get a speaker with the proper impedance?

+1

If the impedance rating of the speaker is less than the impedance output of the amp you could be seriously damaging your amp, mainly your output transformer.
Speaker impedance, piss poor grounding at the wall outlet, and a serious case of the Hibbity Gibbitys seems to be killing your amplifier sir.